And today I did......

You mean the bar ends with risers?:p

It bothers me not that others think they look naff, as long as I'm cumfy on the bike, at my age comfort is more important than looking cool. There's too many bits of me that hurt without making them worse by conforming to the fashion police's strictures. :LOL:

Just got back form up north, a great week away at grannies heilan hame.

I managed one morning of riding myself - Golspie is fantastic but not worth a day trip as it is quite short - I did the red and a bit of the black on my rigid xizang, down hill was a bit of an effort as I lost a brake pad on one of the climbs so only had front canti's to decend with, very sore right hand and I had to walk down a couple of sections.

half way up Golspie Wildcat Trails (Red/Black)...
IMAG0236.jpg

Weather was very very windy all week (gusting 20-40mph) It was so windy we thought we would lose the roof of the caravan at one point.
On thursday it was still really windy but a little safer so I wheelled my kite buggy onto the beach at low tide then it dropped to zero until darkness fell - typical!

On the way back we went to Landmark with the kids - great day out - ultraMiniKen was just tall enough to do the junior high rope course he pretty much ran around it :cool: - he loved the new rollercoaster too, did both at least 5 times.

Thanks to both kaiser and dyna-ti for the complements, much appreciated. :D

Funny you should say that dyna, but the only thing I need to get used to is how the Lefty looks, it works really well. Did have to get used to front brake, the Enduro4/M4 is much better than the XC4's I had on the other full suspension bike. Thought about putting a 200mm disc on instead of the 180mm I did use, that would have some power.

The Ken, I've not been to Golspie to MTB but a long time ago when I used to race a 100cc kart, I raced at the track called Littleferry that is in the dunes in the middle distance, a good wee track.

Back