Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We are now taking nominations for the April road Bike of The Month contest. Normal month this month so anything goes.

Rules in the FAQ here.

Get polishing and get those entries in :cool:

Vittorio Strada

I enter my very fast Vittorio Strada of the Vittorio Strada project >>>

Vittorio Strada project topic

5451594710_f04d398058_b.jpg

By Jan Groot of little 'cheese town' Alkmaar >>>

5451596028_a8444410d0_z.jpg

So far it doesn't look like competition is going to be fierce. What do you have? :p

Re: Vittorio Strada

Elev12k":yj71ees8 said:
I enter my very fast Vittorio Strada of the Vittorio Strada project >>>

By Jan Groot of little 'cheese town' Alkmaar >>>

So far it doesn't look like competition is going to be fierce. What do you have? :p

Mooie fiets!

I thought this bike was completely appropriate for this week

Here is my late 40's (I believe 1949) Mauro Fossati frame with first generation Campagnolo one-lever seatstay shifter (later to be known as Paris-Roubaix following Fausto's win of the Paris Roubaix 51 years ago). When I came across this frame it had already been repainted a number of times, but did still retain its decals. Mauro Fossati was the last team mechanic that Fausto Coppi used in his years with teh Coppi Tricolfina team just prior to his untimely death. The workmanship is truly exceptional with finely filed lugs and BB shell. One can tell that this derailleur is a first generation model as it does not have any marking stating Paris-Roubaix which means that it was produced prior to Coppi's win in that race in 1950. Apparently less than 2 weeks later, the derailleur were sold marked with the engraving Paris-Roubaix on the derailleur cage. The parts on the bike are period correct (except for the saddle pin, tires and waterbottles shown in the pictures)

Attachments

• DSCN3157.JPG
    DSCN3157.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 2,292
  • DSCN3165.JPG
    DSCN3165.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 2,292
This competition gets harder every month! To much lovely stuff out there!

Sorry, you can't have to much, can you.

Here's mine for this month. My 1972 Dave Russell, owned by me new in '72 but sold in '73 and then bought back last year. A lot of the components are still original ones. Full details here -

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142383

Attachments

• 72DaveRussellMar11.10.A.jpg
    72DaveRussellMar11.10.A.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,251
  • 72DaveRussellMar11.5.B.jpg
    72DaveRussellMar11.5.B.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,251
Kind of mountain bike-y - 1982 Cunningham road bike
- custom seatpost; hubs; seat collar - all frame bits handmade. Built up with NOS Mavic kit (and Superbe pedals). Light for its time and fast.

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back