1989 - Fisher HK-II - NOS

Then this!

I now had enough parts to proceed with my build.

The good Doctor however was not happy. We were officially at cross roads.

Attachments

• Dangerous path of addictive boxes.jpg
    Dangerous path of addictive boxes.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,529
Where did that come from?

main.php

Much to my wife’s pleasure the good Doctor and I had successfully negotiated our cross roads.

The Fisher would be built to its potential and be deserving of the frame condition and I had found another identical stead but in the other colour produced in 89. Not only was it a handy inch and a half larger - addressing the fact that at 14 years old I hadn’t quite realized my full height (Or weight! Ed) but it would ensure the bulk of the non NOS Deore II groupo that I had amassed was put to good use.

And so the late nights trawling Ebay continued (see it has a bad rap on here)……

Attachments

• NOS NIB.jpg
    NOS NIB.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,490
Why didn't I buy that NOS NIB short cage RD MT62 24 months ago......? Its taken 2 years to find another and it doesn't have a box! Hoping it arrives before Tuesday otherwise will have to build it with the one above and then replace when it gets here.

As mentioned the Fisher will be built this coming Tuesday. To celebrate I am hosting Christchurch's - possibly the worlds first ever Bike a Que.

A what I hear you say? Essentially a BBQ - food provided only twist is that you are expected to arrive by bicycle. On the off chance that anyone is following this thread and lives in town send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

If you are reading this you are welcome. Expecting to see a few other mint retro rides there and will be a good chance to meet some other nutters :shock:

PS - Arran would potentially be keen for a pair of BR-MT62 if you have them for my white ride. Running BR-M535 at the moment...

main.php

main.php

Thanks for reading so far!

Saturdays at the ChainGang

Jeez you guys are making me feel old (hang on I am old) the ChainGang... a friggin lifetime ago,cheers Keith.

Latest posts

Back