1989 - Fisher HK-II - NOS

So just prior to Xmas 2008 I gave her to magic Walter to weave some magic. In late April 2009 I opened the box to find this.

Attachments

• Copy of Fisher After Birthday 1.JPG
    Copy of Fisher After Birthday 1.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 3,771
Walter – you are a super star! Likely better than new and was offered $1500 that very day for the frame and forks so nice to know others thought it was ok too.

Attachments

• Copy of Fisher After Birthday 3.JPG
    Copy of Fisher After Birthday 3.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 3,744
HK-II":srkti6ha said:
... Forced to claim insurance I again was in the market it was now 1993 and the choice was a Cannondale or a strange bike with M900 XTR groupo. The Extreme Attitude won out on sale for $2800 with the rationale that I could upgrade the frame and keep the sweet XTR. The new frame never happened but that’s another story….

Like the story. The Attitude wasn't such a bad bike. Exceptionally good value. Extreme was the 'upmarket' version of the Milazo brand, distributed by Roslyn Bicycles. I remember going to the Roslyn Bicycles '93 trade product launch & seeing the sample Attitude on display along with some other froot (San Andreas frame/fork/brake combo, Extreme full-sussers etc). I had an Avanti Lightning (M900) @ the time. I recently picked up a Milazo Rock Comp II e-stay in hardly-used condition & had it shipped over to Aus.

Hi Arran – Thanks for the info on the Extreme. Had looked several times with very limited progress. Have an old picture I will scan and get up here. Actually tried looking at you 94 Competitor earlier yesterday before you replied and started your build thread. Also have a Competitor Team but unsure what year so will post a pic of this on your thread.

Back to the HK….

Being Fishers 8th ranked bike in 1989 I wanted to keep it faithful to its original specifications and not build it to something that it never was. Also I simply love the Deore II group set (especially the Deore face plates on the derailleur’s) that was only in production for 1989 and is a little different to the main stream XT that everyone aspires to have.

Model
1989 Competition
1989 Classic Mt. Tam
1989 Mt.Tam
1989 CR-7
1989 Pro-Caliber
1989 Paragon
1989 AL-1
1989 HK-II

Factory Build Spec’s

Model 1989 HK-II
Frame Fork True Temper Cro-Mo OS
Fork Fisher Evo
Headset Fisher alloy Evolution
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore II SIS
Front Derailleur Shimano Hyperglide
Hubs Shimano Deore II
Rims Araya 7S
Tires Fisher FatTrax
Brakes Shimano Deore II canti's
Brake Levers Shimano Deore II 2 finger
Crank Shimano Deore II
Pedals Alloy Comp
Shifter Shimano Deore II SIS
Bars Fisher Cro-Mo bulge
Freewheel Shimano Deore II 7 12/28
Stem Fisher Evolution
Color Peacock Blue Pearl White

My bike was supplied (thankfully) with RM17 rims instead of the above stated Araya 7S

As virtually all of my original group set had reached its best before date I set about sourcing like components that were in good condition.

HK-II":3rmnbrph said:
...As virtually all of my original group set had reached its best before date I set about sourcing like components that were in good condition.

Where are you at with your search for Deore II parts? I believe I have some bits kicking around in my shed (RD, FD, shifters, cantis etc?). Not entirely sure of the condition but I can have a look if you need some bits?

Fairly well sorted for parts now thanks. Waiting for short cage RD-MT62 to arrive from UK and need mint shifter cables outer casing.

Building the bike on the 12th of April to celebrate both our bithdays.

Have a couple more editions to the thread to complete the journey!

Deore II Catalogue found at below link - having trouble linking / posting

http://www.bikeman.com/attic/catalogs/s ... atalog.pdf

Thanks Merckx - Walter is regarded as the best in NZ and done many custom jobs in his time.

So here I was collecting bits like this

Attachments

• RD MT62 VGD Cond.jpg
    RD MT62 VGD Cond.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,604
Had found lots of good parts then this happened.....

Attachments

• NOS Post.jpg
    NOS Post.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,600
Back