Coolwall April 2011 - Cannondale

Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
very cool - if only for the Headshok concept. A very elegant piece of engineering... very low stiction, neat lockout, internals tucked away and protected, no exposed stanchion to catch mud and debris, steering rigidity as good as a rigid fork, no arch to collect mud, etc, etc

Unfortunately rendered obsolete once demand for suspension travel started to edge past 80 mm.

Any excuse to post a pic of mine:

5483098474_6e05243ec9_b.jpg

deff coool beat the crap out my dale it just kept asking for more,,,appart from the bright pink decals,,,,,,,sm2000

Cool

Like salty, I bought the white one in the 2nd pic, and it was purely on how cool it looked. Rode pretty well too... :cool:

There MUST be some reason why I have never owned one, mtb or road, out of the at least 50 bikes that have come and gone in recent years - nor ever even seen one that I REALLY wanted.

And my ego has to conclude that that reason is that they are NOT COOL.

Headshox would seem to be a neat solution to front suspension on a bicycle - rather than what is essentially a motorbike adjunct, designed for something a whole lot heavier and more demanding - and yet....and yet, it somehow just doesn't do it.

Re: lol

captaincosmic":3qkbtih3 said:
Deffo cool and just look at the bikes ridden by the folks who dont think they are cool

Since when has what we ride made a bike cool? If Tinker or Missy can't make a brand cool, then none of us have a hope in hell.

I loved them back in the day when they were basic shaped frames as they always seemed really classy and well made, also the fact that they always seemed to have poor groupset for the price hinted at the fact you were getting a bloody good frame for the money that you could upgrade to something pretty serious.

For me they stopped being cool when they started making more extreme frames, to me they were always about reserved well made frames.

So I suppose my answer is i don't know.

i loved the look of them.........regardless of what else mattered, thats the reason i wanted certain bikes as a youngster.......i bet most kids at the time were the same, i couldnt and still dont buy bikes that are all about the ride/spec/handling.......thats not important to me, never has been :oops:

they do get good and bad reviews, doesnt bother me though, these type of pics are why i like them.

Cannondale-part-2.jpg

juarez.jpg

TinkerJuarezBartBrentjens.jpg

it was a 1989 cannondale road bike in the bike shed at my colledge that opened my eyes to the possibility of a bicycle being more than an oily metal thing left in a shed, and made me realise they could be a form of self expression and something to cherish.......the fat down tube looked so cool next to my pipecleaner thin bso that carried me there each day too.......cool!....

Latest posts

Back