And today I did......

dyna-ti":2t4rlcgy said:
old_coyote_pedaller":2t4rlcgy said:
Went out for a bike ride with my daughter on my finally finished Cannondale Super V 1000SL. I originally got the frame and Headshok forks off here intending to build it as it was, but found a crack on rear arm, one of the dreaded cast arms. The guy who sold it very generously refunded a large proportion of cost and I was able to win a CAAD4 arm from a Jekyll on eBay.
Then whilst I had the Headshok fork off the frame I found and won a Lefty Titanium and Lefty front wheel on eBay for a bargain amount of readies. Used my stash of goodies to build it up along with parts such as Hope brakes from here.
We did the route I have been doing recently and the Super V seemed to be easier to pedal uphill than my lighter Coyote hardtail or maybe I'm finally getting a bit fitter. It certainly is much better than my old full-suspension bike that I gave to my wife.

Now that it's done I think I'll start to build the F700 frame I've got, putting the Headshok forks from the Super V on it. Problem is my wife doesn't know I have the F700 frame yet. Will use all the bits off the Coyote to build it so I'll still only have 2 bikes. The Coyote will be stored and built up for my youngest when she is big enough for it, it's a 16". Gives me time to source more goodies off here.

Any pics
Im a visual person :cool: :LOL:

OK, I'll get some pics up tomorrow sometime.

Enid_Puceflange wrote:
They also had hanging up,

An old Orange frame & forks, with bars , stem & MAGURAS for £75!!

G

I spotted that the last time I was in.

As usual it was too big. I hate being a shortarse.

I spotted it to but I have the opposite problem, its gates only for me :LOL:

I have now left the steel kona hardtail set shortly after I joined. The Kona Fire Mountain looked good especially its colour but nothing else I liked so Ecks getting it.

And finally today I bought a pair of Trek Mogul Black Diamond forks for the Trek 9500. i'm not intentionally trying to build it period correct but the stuff needed just keeps appearing cheaply, £35 posted from the bay :cool:

Wasnt gonna buy the kona :oops:

On the (dunno if it is?) bright side

My mates wife (my pal who lost his fight with cancer) has promised me his Kona Caldera , Its modern (2k9) but it'll do to help me get out on the bikes more often,
As Mr O is nae use for a wee blast around the trails ;) :LOL: :LOL:

G

Yeah,

he bought it from G.T the first time we went there :roll:

Think he rode it about 4 times :LOL:

Ach well, better to me , than some garage clearance sale :cool:

G

OK dyna-ti, here are the pics. Sorry if they are crap, had to use phone as both batteries for my camera were flat.

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

The Hope disc rear wheel, (built it myself), Hope rear QR, Hope seatpost QR, the XT chainset, old type Hope titanium BB, XT front and rear mechs, Flite Titanium saddle, Crank Brothers pedals, X-lite bar ends, one Hope lever and Goodridge hoses, and Specialized tyres came off my old full suspension bike.
The Sachs shifters, X-lite bars and seatpost, Yeti grips, front and rear Hope calipers, and Super V frame/shock all sourced on Retrobike.
The Lefty Titanium fork, Lefty front wheel and Caad4 rear arm from eBay.
Discs and pads from Superstar Components.

Put together, eventually, by me.

Just remembered both Hope levers were off my old bike. They were on a set of XC4's which are a closed system so just changed the cap for one from an open system for the front brake.

Apart from the obvious crimes, thats really rather cool :cool: :D

Back