'98 Specialized Ground Control FSR (Updated 07/13)

yeah, i was just looking about the ebay at rear shocks. RP2s can be had at a decent price occasionally. i have a RS Deluxe that was included with my frame - not a bad shock, but had a RP2 from a previous bike (my bent fuji :evil: ) which i just serviced for 120 (!) that bike was a bit of a rip off TBH. lesson learned there! if only i heard of RB sooner!!!!

nice light frames! just hope i get it finished soon so i can take her out while its still mucky! :twisted:

i've had a slight change of heart with mine. (don't worry it's a good change of heart)

i've decided to put all my nice stuff back on this as i just love to ride it.
so that means the marz will be running on my CK headset.
all my race face bits, and discs :D

so it will be proper neo-retro lol

NEO-RETROING

stripped her down yesterday, spent most of today rebuilding :D
27yoort.jpg

due to it now running discs i had to file down one the non drive side chain/seat stay bolt so it didn't rub on the disc.
Before
2mr6x6e.jpg

After
157jk42.jpg

now got a 1-2mm gap, and still enough hex head left on/in the bolt :D

i1fltx.jpg

just need to sort the gears out and i'll be out on it tomorrow :D (fingers crossed for some sun )

oh thats a good rebuild
why is it you filed down that stay?
couldnt you just take a washer from the wheel/axle assembly or space out the caliper? :LOL:

the problem was the disc rubbing on the bolt, so even with removing the washer it was still WAY!!!! to big.

a flat cap bolt would have been better, but couldn't be arsed taking a trip to the local DIY store lol.

Khane":20c2qkgn said:
the problem was the disc rubbing on the bolt, so even with removing the washer it was still WAY!!!! to big.

a flat cap bolt would have been better, but couldn't be arsed taking a trip to the local DIY store lol.

:LOL:

your laziness will get you no where! literally :LOL:
im with you on this laziness :LOL:

well finished sorting the gears and put some pedals on it, and went up Bardon Hill again :D

72dedh.jpg

rv908g.jpg

28l7st5.jpg

211l8op.jpg

i'll sort out a spec sheet at some point :p

Back