1992 GT Pantera AL

Pantera

Here's mine, I know the R Mtn fork clashes but that's all I've got thats fits right now. Took it around a few local lanes yesterday, not bad but I need to stick some lighter wheels/tyres on as it wasn't very "lively". Headset has had it so could go to threadless with more suitable fork.
1st GT I've ever ridden, nice long top tube for a bike of that era. U brake is pretty good too.

Attachments

• P4060002.JPG
    P4060002.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 7,030
Anybody got one for sale in silver?

Was the first proper bike I owned back in 1992. Upgraded my Pantera then shortly after it got stolen. Never saw it again.

I'm liking this.. ;)

I have one sat in garage... And was saying to a mate the other day how I'd like to build it up in orange.. Like it used to be :D

Will get some up.. ;)

Needs a paint but might polish it.!!
And first pic reminds me...... I have a flip-flop stem for it somewhere.!!

Will have to find that..

Here's mine with a few changes since the 1st outing. Now with resprayed Rock Shox (Indys I think.) & since this pic a polished Ritchey stem instead of the black one. Nice bike but it doesn't get a lot of use as I have many to choose from. Might sell it, or parts of it so pm me if interested. Could take some more pics. tomorrow.

Attachments

• P9130002.JPG
    P9130002.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,811
Re: GT Pantera frame numbers

Hi I may have one of these as I got a bare alloy frame beleiving it a Zaskar.

WHAT ARE YOUR FRAME NUMBERS???

However it has an alpha numeric frame number.IE Pantera have an alpha numeric number, Zaskars do not they have only a numeric number about 7-8 numbers.

My frame number is H2A 01605 and may be fabricated in GT Japan factory????

I have pics but have not posted them in a html code retrieval system.
Rivetted cable guides etc and it has rear brake mounts above the rear wheel rim radius.
It may have been pimnk then beab blasted [not polished] then clearcoted. It is solid frame but looks a bit ratty as clear cote is coming off.

mattbrown":2kv1r5x8 said:
picked it up for a measly 41 quid (plus a 250 mile around trip - lol - new car so enjoyed the drive)

I had to replace the tires as sidewalls shot altho plenty of grip,

replaced the seat q/r and seat, nailed the sti setup when replaced the gear cables - kept the brake cables as 2mm chunky ones, but changed to yoke on front.

Interesting gact, the catalogue says full suntour groupset, but o have a complete shimano groupset

my mates brother had an identical one, bought cuz he liked the look of my 1992 outpost and he got it discounted due to a fire at the bike store (ralph coleman cycles)

My serial no is H1L 00988. Can't de-sipher that though.
Here's poor photo of it now.

Attachments

• P4100018.JPG
    P4100018.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 1,472
Back