riding position

Was going to say pretty much what kaiser said.

From the normal position, handlebars should obscure the line of sight to the hub and you shouldn't be able to see it (if that makes sense): its an old school method, but always works for me. Your stem looks too short though to my eye. From what I can see, you look like you're hunched up too much which would cause wrist pain.

If your able it would be worth an overall pic as upper body position is what your wanting to know.

I suspect the bike is a little too small for you, but you could possibly work round it as an interum measure. The saddle does look a fraction too high, I think your toes pointing down mask it a bit. The heal on the pedal thing has always worked for me also.

Would be worth posting your height, and what size that frame is.

Might also be worth considering a drive to a good bike shop who can give advice and offer various fitting options if you can't sort it yourself.

5'11" bought the bike as a 57cm frame but as an earlier poster pointed out the headtube looks more like a 54cm
Again now its been mentioned and the more I study my seated position I do look very cramped up

Bl**dy hell i think this turning into a wanted ad :LOL:
I'll do some measuring up and try some of the tips that you guys have given me tomorrow to determine what it is and what i need but in the meantime lets go on the basis it is roughly 54cm then me been 5'11" what size would you reccomend I get? And has anyone got any Raleigh frames available for me to buy?

Height is really only one factor in choosing a bike/frame as indeed is the manufacturers frame size. Your own flexibility riding style and aspirations come into it. Even with sizes and a pic is only goes so far as to helping with what you need.

I would personally find the angle of your bars and therefore the position of the sti lever uncomfortable to ride with. Riding on the hoods in this position would cause aches for me no doubt.

Right i've done a couple of the suggested checks and from the nose of the seat with my elbow against it my fingertips are about 1/2 inch short of the bars but when i'm sat on the bike I can clearly see the front hub and its not obscured by the bars/stem at all, I've decided now anyway that I look a goon on the bike and need to get a larger frame so as previously mentioned anyone with a suitable Raleigh frame/forks available then please let me know ;)

kula":38cyj7si said:
what tubing is your frame made from?

Not too sure but it has very tight neat welds typical of what you'd find on the likes of Tange which leads me to believe it isn't just a standard run frame, why do you ask?

I'm a smidge taller than you and I have a 57cm frame. I was measured by the builder who took the measurement from the top of the saddle to the bottom of the pedal stroke and compared this to my (stumpy) inside leg measurement. My saddle had been too high for years.

was wondering in case you were going to offer it as a make weight in a deal for a larger frame. Also what size do you really want? Is it 57cm measured centre to top in the old fashioned way?

kula":3kt4l48n said:
was wondering in case you were going to offer it as a make weight in a deal for a larger frame. Also what size do you really want? Is it 57cm measured centre to top in the old fashioned way?

Just had a measure up and the toptube centre to centre is 21.5 inch or 55cm and also the seatpost tube to centre of cranks is also 21.5 inch or 55cm
I', thinking now then that i'll be wanting something 58/59 cm
my frame will deffo be available but i need to source another frame 1st before i'll let this go

Back