missing benefit records

Yes I'd like to know where this mountain of missing post is...

I understand it did go with TNT who provide their internal post system, but that they didn't on that day pick the trackable secure option (too expensive), but the cheaper non-tracking version. TNT nonetheless. Nothing to do with Royal Mail (for once!).

too expensive ??? , something that could hold most of the nation to financial ransom

makes you wonder what else is flying around out there !!!!!

If you think its bad that envelopes and parcels go missing you would be surprised at what happens in the freight forwarding business.

A company i used to drive for were/are notorious for losing pallets of goods, one i remember was i collected 8 pallets of waterproof vinyl from a place in blackburn to be delivered on a 3 day service to germany, it turned up 8 weeks later in southern spain :shock: And that was 8 pallets weighing a 1000kg each so its ot like you could just misplace them is it. Bear in mind that is just one incident from a worldwide company that runs hundreds of trucks..

I know - I mean what must it have cost to send 2 CD's even with trackable TNT... £60 or something? Compared to how much it's going to cost the nation now...

and the only saving grace about it was that the big man himself was on the list

wonder if the police presence would have been so large if he wasn`t ??

I heard they addressed the CD's to a Mr deore2, and that was the last they saw of it...

that made me laugh, I know I shouldn't have as people lost money with that twunt, but still, very quick :LOL:

Order of events, from BBC website:

18 October - Junior official from HMRC in Washington, Tyne and Wear, sends two CDs containing password-protected records to audit office in London through courier TNT, neither recorded nor registered
24 October - When package fails to arrive, second one is sent by registered post and arrives safely
3 November - Senior managers are told first package has been lost
10 November - Prime minister and other ministers are informed
12 November - HMRC tell ministers CDs will probably be found
14 November - When HMRC searches fail, Metropolitan Police are called in
15 November- Richard Thomas, Information Commissioner, says remedial action must be taken before public is informed
20 November - HMRC Chairman Paul Gray resigns; Chancellor Alistair Darling makes announcement to House of Commons
21 November - Prime Minister Gordon Brown apologises and orders security checks

Back