Pace RC100 (XC-pro)

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
My Pace Rc100, first saw one in riverside cycles (york) and wanted one eversince, so I got one.
Xc-pro gruppo, pace hubs, Bullseye cranks, 4 finger maguras and original fork & suspension upgrade (if you needed it).

Attachments

• Publication3.jpg
    Publication3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 5,847
  • Publication1.jpg
    Publication1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 5,791
I agree! back in the day I always aspired to one of these...could only manage forks / hubs/ & chainrings (all still in use today!) . Excellent to see an original RC100...where did you find it , (I remeber seeing one some years ago in Biketreks Ambleside)

Pretty much as you see her, originally had mark 1 gripshift but I couldnt find any new grips so I stuck on some xc-pro thumbies to keep in with the gruppo.

The RC100 is a great bike. I remember test riding one and being blown away by the speed.

Innovative and engineered properly. Just happened to look great too. And that is a fine example sir!!

Pace spec sheets........

Since you all seem to like the old Rc100, I have posted some spec sheets (original Pace) in the magazine scan section.
Enjoy.

i like your rc100

i also had the one-piece steerer-stem but managed to snap it, then dumped it totaly forgetting i could have got pace to weld it..javascript:emoticon(':cry:').am after another but can't seem to locate one..any ideas???will swap for my syncros and pace steerer.
dont suppose you got the speck sheet for the bullseye?? need to know what the spider bolt threads are..ie: whit or what??
also mine used to be those colours but i was couriering at the time and decided to dress it down. (shiny things and names get knicked)
cheers

Re: i like your rc100

31trum":1ctsffag said:
i also had the one-piece steerer-stem but managed to snap it, then dumped it totaly forgetting i could have got pace to weld it..javascript:emoticon(':cry:').am after another but can't seem to locate one..any ideas???will swap for my syncros and pace steerer.
dont suppose you got the speck sheet for the bullseye?? need to know what the spider bolt threads are..ie: whit or what??
also mine used to be those colours but i was couriering at the time and decided to dress it down. (shiny things and names get knicked)
cheers

No luck on the bullseye specs but if you keep an eye out on eBay.com a new pair usually come up for grabs with instructions, you could ask the seller to email you the spec sheet? anythings worth a try :) , also im not sure if Pace made their own spider :? :?:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mmmmm Pace-eyyyy.................

Brings back memories... A mate of mine worked for the bloke who did the product photography for Pace's catalogs. I called in one day and a late prototype of the RC100 had just been dropped off (fresh from a test ride...). Spent half a hour cleaning it up and fiddling with seat height etc. for them. By the end of the half hour I was hooked, and called Pace from the photographers to pre-order one as soon as they got into production :D

Was probably the fastest, if not the most comfortable mountain bike I ever had, and even now, if I got my hands on the thieving scroat that nicked it out of the back of my van I'm pretty sure i'd be "getting medieval on his ass..." :twisted:

Back