who can bleed maguras ?

I have a proper Magura kit for bleeding Julies. A couple of syringes, some tube, a wee bottle of blood and the small fitting that screws into Julie caliper.
Do these brakes need that same wee screw-in fitting?

Just re-read this post and the content seems a bit iffy, so I'll just say now that I no longer do drugs and have never screwed anyone called Julie, that I know of.

old_coyote_pedaller":2hlcpn0i said:
I have a proper Magura kit for bleeding Julies. A couple of syringes, some tube, a wee bottle of blood and the small fitting that screws into Julie caliper.
Do these brakes need that same wee screw-in fitting?

Just re-read this post and the content seems a bit iffy, so I'll just say now that I no longer do drugs and have never screwed anyone called Julie, that I know of.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can't be sure Alex,ive never had to bleed these as i only owned a pair for a short time,too freaky for me :LOL:
But i remember seeing something about using twin syringes :? I don't know the rest of the process.

Eck you can just disconnect and refit, I've done the maggies and even cutting the hose doesn't need a bleed. IIRC you screw in the adjuster on the lever, anyhoo its a piece of piss, I had a kit but gave it away when I sold them :roll:

The last time I bled mine was about 1995, but I don't remember it being difficult at all.

If you need instructions, I've probably still got the originals in the box they came in!

cheers for the replies :cool: the brakes i have are not maguras , they use the same fluid , hoses , brake blocks and are bled the same , theres no adjustment on the levers or the arms themselves :(

think i'll bite the bullet and take them to the lbs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back