kettrinboy

Retro Newbie
1003049y.jpg
[/url]
[/img]
1003051n.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
A couple of pics of my Record Ace, frame and forks made at the Worksop frame plant in Jan 1981, mostly original apart from 700c alloy wheels,clipless pedals and a few odds and sods,until 2 months ago unused for 15 years, almost as new chainset so should be plenty of miles left in this old bike, currently used for winter duties on drier days and will certainly be used in summer, as its a lot better than i thought it would be for an oldie.[/img]

A nice looking RRA, looks like the one commemorating Joop Zoetemelk winning the Tour de France, I have the slightly later one with campag gears to original factory spec, much prefer the subtle classic looks of these bikes to the fat tubes and big bold brand names on modern bikes

Lovely bike,

but made in Nottingham not Worksop - Worksop factory closed by then, anyway I think you'll find this bike dates from 1983 or 1984.

Prufrock.

The saddle is an original, used but good so to a level in keeping with the rest of the bike, paid a little high for it, but have the Brooks B17 saddle available now for my current project, so on balance was acceptable, just been down to have a look at the bike today, it just seems to look better as it gets older

Back