Hello!!!!

LaurenLeeds

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I'm looking for help on Mixte bikes. I wanted to post about a bike that I want and need some advice. Unfortunately I can't post a link to a jpeg until Ive made two posts. Basically, I was wondering if, as a novice, it is a good idea to try to fix one up myself or not?

Thanks (and hi by the way)

x

Hi Lauren, welcome to the site.

There is no better way of learning than getting stuck in and having a go. If you do get stuck there is always useful advice and guidance to be had from members of this site.

Welcome,
I'll second Jerky's comments - there's a huge amount of knowledge on this forum and I've learnt a huge amount from the peeps on here.
I would imagine beingin Leeds they'd be some local members who would help out too.

:) Welcome Laureen we are all friendly and dont bite..

much...

seriously there is a font of knowledge here.

Reagrding photo's I'm sure someone will be along to help in due course

Passiflora

A mixte:

mixte-supercourse.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step-through_frame

Drencrom, that's the beast. I originally wanted a Betty Foy until I found out how much it was. But the frame is similar. Thanks for being nice guys.

x

OK, basically I wanna build a bike like this...

5247577514_ed5c20cd47_o.jpg

It's the colour in powder, chrome bits and bobs (novice hahaa), and leather seat etc. A few gears (possibly 5). Not bothered about it being exactly the same, just want it to look like this generally.

How much do you think it would cost to build, and how much would you expect to pay to have it custom built for you?

I'm considering both at the moment, but don't want to get ripped off. I wouldn't know where and what to look for you see.

How much money do you have? You could build one I reckon for a couple of hundred quid or you could go to town! Have a look at Velo orange, Rivendell and freshtripe for bits and bobs. Also do a search on here for mixte, lots of nice ones posted.

Cheers dude, The Betty Foy bike I was after is from Rivendel. I don't (well can't) spend more than about £300 maximum. Someone has offered to build me one for that price which I did think was acceptable, possibly if I could wangle delivery all in for that.

x

Back