95/96 Bontrager OR, Labour of Love

bonesjones

Devout Dirtbag
Here is my Bontrager Race Lite 95/96...

I used to own one of these as a new bike some 15 years ago when it was stolen from me and didnt think Id ever replace it. It has taken me almost eighteen months and some wedge to source the parts from all over the world and to members on here, other forums and dare I say Ebay, eternal thanks. All parts are NOS which hence the time and cost I guess but if youre going to do something, do it properly!!

Am sure the bling element will not be to everyones taste, but my next project will hopefully be a Yo Eddy so all the ringle parts will move across and something more classic for the race Lite!

Spec as follows:

Frame - Bontrager OR Race Lite 1995/1996, Medium
Fork - Judy SL, colour matched
Headset - CK
Stem - Ringle Zooka, 135mm, 10 degree rise
Bars - Bontrager Tttec titanium
Grips - Bontrager
Brake Levers - Avid Ultimate Speed Dials(best non disks Ive ever used)
Brake calipers - Avid ultimate Speed Dials
Shifters - Shimano (Unsure of year, afarid may be modern)
Rims - Mavic Ceramic SUP217
Hubs - Ringle Superbubba and eight rear
Skewers - Ringle twisters
Seatpost - Ringle Moby
Binder - Hope (modern am afraid)
Seat - Red Flite titanium
BB - Royce Titanium
Cranks - Kooka
Rings - Pace
F Mech - Pauls
R Mech - Pauls
Casette - SRAM

I know I am biased but this really does ride beautifully, very precise, nicely balanced and rapid up slopes...Not sure why people complain about the Pauls mechs they are uber smooth, very light and look great; ask me again after a bit of mileage and the answer may be different!

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 3,702
Not the most Bontrageresque build I've seen, but still very nice and 'bling'

How is MTBiking in Hong Kong? The Bonty ideal for the job?

MTB in HK

Biking here is awesome, lots of country parks, steep slopes and good range of weather, bar June to August when a bit too hot, lots of islands and not many bikers use them so would thoroughly recommend it!

You don't normally see that much "bling" on a Bontrager, but that looks nice! I especially like the color-matched forks. Nice touch. :cool:

Back