Marzocchi v brake fitting kit - Tech Help Please!

Doddsy1969

Retro Newbie
Have got what I think are 2004? Marzocchi Bomber EXR PRO forks, bought off good 'ol ebay! - thought i'd simply screw some bog standard V-brake bosses into the legs where they've currently got blanking plugs!! and hey presto! - But Noooo!
Found out - gotta buy Special kit with long boss studs & spacers with hole for caliper spring - which I have!! (again of ebay - cost arm + leg!)

Before I attempt, what seems such a simple operation, has anyone reading this - fitted this kit themselves?? the spacer with the spring hole would seem to be fixed in place by just tightening the stud against it! Is this right? - Please Advise

Oh! and on a different note -apologies for sounding bit thick but to enter B.O.T.M do u just post pic of Bike etc to that thread? and is that the same for voting? - sorry but nothing in FAQ's

Many Thanks, Phil

The canti studs just screw in. I think you need a 10mm spanner. The spacer is just held in place by the canti stud.

To enter BoTM you can indeed simply post up a maximum of two images of your bike into the nomination thread each month.
Many people will start up a build thread with a bit of background information and more pictures in the Reader's MTBs --> 1997 section first though.

Also a very recent rule change means you need at least 10 posts to become eligible to vote in BoTM.

hello chap, yeah should just tighten and stay put under the torque of the boss
im unsure of your setup but my 06 mx comps had the bosses and 'sleeves' with the hole, tightened mine and they were fine, no other magic involved :cool: just dont overdo it ;)

B.O.T.M
yeah as long as the bike fits the criteria, juts post a pic. i believe its 2 pics max for your entry
then a new thread will go up with all the nominations (i.e entered pics)

For what it is worth, I found it quite fiddly to set up the Marz canti studs to get the spring retaining hole in the right position, bit of trial & error & you'll get there though

I found that using a really thin nylon washer (ended up using two on one side) heled me torque up my studs nicely and get the stud-holes in the right place too... Remember to use a thread lock soluton too, as it'll avoid any improptue un-doing of the studs, mid-ride..

Alternatively a small rubber ring washer might help too, but I've not tried it..

Latest posts

Back