missing benefit records

amt27

Retro Guru
okay it was pretty stupid and insecure to send the entire database on a CD in the post.....but am I wrong in thinking this just shows the incompetence of the postal delivery service in the UK (public or private).

millions of items of post going missing each year causing grief and annoyance (not to mention cost in time and money) to many business and public users of these services, surely it is time for it to be nolonger a fact of life that items going missing in the post,

why isn't the chief exec of TNT being grilled by Paxman about his ineffecient incompetent service that he provided to the taxpayer,

they were supposed to use TNT as its more secure

but didn`t and used the normal post :roll:

that`ll teach them cos we all know how good they are :D

would be even more fun, Paxman laying into Adam Crozier and Alan Leyton, I would pay to watch that,

So where is the lost post mountain? :? Or is it all being nicked by the employees to sell on to unsavoury characters? :evil: Even more anoying my records are probably included on the disk

mine too :evil:

spend so much time , protecting yourself online , shredding mail , not giving out information on the net/phone for those security concious f*****g idiots to just give it away

they have said its encrypted/password protected , but how long would that hold up to someone with a bit of know how ?

Heard on the radio last night that it would be hard for anyone to get money out of a bank account etc but fairly easy to impersonate someone to open a mobile phone account or apply for a loan in your name. I'll keep an eye on my bank account for any unauthorised transactions it's not really worth getting stressed about it.

true , they wont be able to get at you , but identity theft will be where they aim

new bank account , nice loan , or even a mortgage , and you wont even know about it , till its too late of coarse

mind you it was said that everyone on the list will be covered under the banking code , nice of them seeing as its their fault :roll:

My employer (Nationwide) has identity checks to ensure that none of our customer's accounts are compromised. Even if somehow it does happen, they've guaranteed that no customer will suffer financial loss as a result of this fraud. That was quite reasurring to me given that my details will no doubt be on the list.

Back