And today I did......

zigzag":1izd0gep said:
This came in the post today:

51PM7TAHYCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2nd hand, only cost me a few quid... Written in 1991, it features the same Rockhopper as mine :D

I have that book too, but with a different dust-cover, had forgotten how interesting it is.

Do you know of a series of small guides by a guy called Peter D Koch-Osborne?
Printed by Cicerone Press, there are around 6 or 7 of them called "The Scottish Glens, a guide for walkers and mountainbikers".
They have loads of detailed info and drawings of tracks, paths and gradient profiles for the routes.

Just had a look and there are 6 of them, one of mine is missing. :x

1) The Cairngorm Glens
2) The Atholl Glens
3) The Glens of Rannoch
4) The Trossach Glens
5) The Glens of Argyle
6) The Great Glen, Monadhliath and Moray.

They are each about 4.5" by 7" , with about 140/150 pages with virtually an illustration on every page, so small enough to go in a small sac.

My injury woes are continuing. Back has loosened up enough to ride for a few miles without discomfort so I went for a nice relaxed spin, now my bloody hamstring in my right leg has tightened right up and is causing me pain. Grrrr. :evil:

old_coyote_pedaller":ffdn0ijr said:
I have that book too, but with a different dust-cover, had forgotten how interesting it is.

Do you know of a series of small guides by a guy called Peter D Koch-Osborne?
Printed by Cicerone Press, there are around 6 or 7 of them called "The Scottish Glens, a guide for walkers and mountainbikers".
They have loads of detailed info and drawings of tracks, paths and gradient profiles for the routes.

Just had a look and there are 6 of them, one of mine is missing. :x

1) The Cairngorm Glens
2) The Atholl Glens
3) The Glens of Rannoch
4) The Trossach Glens
5) The Glens of Argyle
6) The Great Glen, Monadhliath and Moray.

They are each about 4.5" by 7" , with about 140/150 pages with virtually an illustration on every page, so small enough to go in a small sac.
Hmmm, I see some of them are still available on Amazon... enjoying the Ralph Storer book so far, there's a fair bit of history in there which I really like - he's obviously done his homework beyond just the basic route guides. Nice wee snapshot in time too with a healthy attitude towards the new sport of mountain biking, actively encouraging walkers to give it a try. Shame the maps in the book aren't OS, but then transposing the route is part of the fun. And as you point out, also a pity it's so big, more of a rucksack than a camelback book.

Latest addition of SYHA mag 'The Hosteller' has an article and map suggesting off road cycle routes between the youth hostels dotted around the Cairngorm National Park. The compiler of said routes who features in photos for the article is riding a Haro Mary identical to ZZ's. Cycling looks pretty good ;)

Got a £30 voucher from Chainreaction today - on account of my card details being stolen by some cyber-scrotes from their website. Bank were on the ball so I didn't lose any cash in the end so can't complain about the outcome.

Also I'm now just about finished re-building the Norco that was stolen a few years ago and I got back last year. I'll put up a build thread once I've put the brakes on tomorrow night, but I've swapped out the original Jnr Ts for 02 Z1 Wedges, the 26" wheels for 24s, and the Hayes 9s for Avid Code 5s. Looking forward to giving it a thrash somewhere steep this weekend! :LOL:

Went head first through a glass door in the house this evening after we all tried son's pogo stick in the lounge :oops: No drink involved either :eek:

Thank fek it was safety glass.

Now sitting in draughty room with empty door frame :cry:

Mr Panda":7s210y9c said:
Went head first through a glass door in the house this evening after we all tried son's pogo stick in the lounge :oops: No drink involved either :eek:

Thank fek it was safety glass.

Now sitting in draughty room with empty door frame :cry:

i now have tea all over the keyboard :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you ok ? :LOL:

Oh -yes - just berluddy brilliant :D

Just wondering how I'm going to explain the multiple parallel cuts on me bonce at work ra morra :?

POGO STICKS ARE RUBBISH :p

Back