single speed bits and bobs

:cool:

main reason i like them is the fact there is basically nothing goes wrong with the bike, and the fact you have to just get on with what you have when it comes to hills and flat bits.

main terrain around home territory is well within a single speed capability so im keen to get another built up.

looks like i will be running a 34/16 set up.

I used to run 32:16 around the North Downs. I've recently fitted a 17T cog, cos it was cheap, and it makes life easier, without losing any speed! :D

34 or 36t will be easier to find that 32:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stronglight-5-Arm ... 61ca357c11

I would suggest going for 34:17 or 36:18. I'm running 36:18 and find it works really well off road. I was running 36:16, which was OK, but a bit tough going in parts and not any faster except on the road. You'll probably be OK with 34:16 though

Don't be tempted by the nice coloured alloy single ring bolts though, I tore three out on my first ride with them :shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i run a 48 fr and 18 rear on mainly flat daily commute might need to go down to 16 on rear as legs have started spinning

Back