Home made CNC bike parts ~ old school style

Here are my latest low profile version of the brakes. Not done a lot of machining lately, will get back to it soon hopefully....

Attachments

• DSCF2544 compressed.jpg
    DSCF2544 compressed.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,375
Yep, cnc is cool, always loved those expensive parts made in the early 90's. A manual lathe is also usefull for making ferrules, shims and stuff like that.

Attachments

• DSCF2546.JPG
    DSCF2546.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,367
  • DSCF2547.JPG
    DSCF2547.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 3,367
bat40a6":1q3p8hbu said:
Here are my latest low profile version of the brakes. Not done a lot of machining lately, will get back to it soon hopefully....

that's an incredibly nice brake! Really nice job! If you like DIY stuff, you could even do the anodising yourself.

Thanks, Anodising would be good!

I have about 15 pairs of my cable hangers made and polished ready for anodising. I have seen the great anodising / polishing thread on the main forum and am impressed with their results. I want to avoid the chemicals and equipment though so I will try some local anodisers first.

I want to spend some time building a new and improved enclosure for my mini mill.... it all takes quite a bit of time!

bat40a6":1h0kwuhp said:

got to say those look pretty darned sweet.

top job.

brakes look cool, but i'm more interested in the bike, looks like a coral reef Attitude? picture please ;)

Latest posts

Back