NEED HELP WITH TVT CARBON LEMOND TEAM Z BIKE

I'm fairly sure my stickers are not under the clear coat. The Team 90 is definitely not under the clear coat. I will check the TVT92 one and let you know. Will also post some pics after I've given the old girl a dust down as its hung on my garage wall for about 10 years.

just got the drop ins on the bike and the scott 3t stem. However in repairing the stem and not wanting to put a scratched up on on a new bike I had it re finished, the result was the word scott is no longer on it. It is the right 3t stem and I guess the proof is the pat#still remains, cant have it all. I would like to find 44cm..c-c drop ins I have 42 just for the restore but I may ride the bike a couple times, plus they look better on a 56. I'll post some pics when i get the benotto tape on the bars. Anyone know what type of end plug and were the bars wrapped top to bottom or bottom top. thank you

Hello
I'll be clear.
The Z team color you have is the 1990. This colors doesn't exist in 1989.
In 1989 Lemond used a TVT Team ADR in yellow and black.
For 1990 and Z team they just complet with pink color.
As i say before , you only need the TVT top tub and the front GL sticker.
Drop in is perfect for this bike , your are lucky to find a 42 cc , i only find 44 which is to big for me...............
For the 1989's victory in tour france stickers , it's annouced the victory of TVT (with lemond and ADR) one year ago ......at the beginning of 1990 they can't put this sticker on the bike besause for sure they don't know than they are going to win the Tour 6 months later........logic
I give you an exemple which can be compared.
You buy a car in 2001 which has been proclamed car of the year 2000 and on the car , there will be a sticker with 2000 car of the year , whatever you buy the car in 2001 -2002 .....2010.
Do you understand.

So you can be sure your bike is an 1990's bike but coming from a shop with Z team configuration.

The team 90 TVT bike with Z team color (but without the stickers !!!) is the official team copy from TVT for 1990.

Wingy

The TVT bike you buy is the TEAM 90 official copy from TVT.
There are some specifications for this bikes.
No Z teams Stickers , and the frame is an HR.
For all , the difference between an HR (high resistance) and an HM (high module) frame (the 2 only used by TVT in this years) is first the top tub stickers with HM or HR underneath TVT92 and the seat tub aluminium join is graved TVT (for the HM :LOL: ) as you can see on the greg lemond photo from 1990 and no graved for the HR.
The best carbon tub is the HM.

Last
The photos from campy is the photos of my old TVT pensec bikes than i mounted like this for a short time because i really find the campy c record rear derailleur very pretty , and i haven't got at this time the bennotto bar tape.
After i reconditionne the bike in is original configuration with all the Pensec parts when he wore the yellow jersey in the tour de France in 1990 ;)

thank you so much for the help, it is nice to know I dont have a bike that was a mistake some where along the line. I did just get 4 rolls of the old style tape( cost a lot as well), all i need now is the rear deralleur and tubulars, prob going to get skin wall "new" victoria cx just due to not trusting nos.

Any suggestions for my bike would help and I will post picks of the bike soon.

PS: my drop ins were NOS off ebay, i think they are the first edition due to the painted colour on them not alloy can this be confirmed

thank you again and glad to be apart of this community!

Tvt92 and GL Decals

Antho, do you still have the tvt92 decal for the top tube as well as GL decal for the head badge? If so, I'm very interested!

Amazing bike...Love it!

I'm in a similar situation regarding the Campag parts as I've got hold of a 91 Record groupset with revised 8 speed rear mech but 7 speed synchro's, 7 speed freewheel std hubs suited to 126mm o.l.d frame.

I'm debating about going for 130mm frame and swapping hubs/wheel to later 8 spd cassette hubs...oh and getting some 8 speed synchro's.

Latest posts

Back