Orange Prestige, re issue.

sunchaser":3fz11xd2 said:
I Like the look of the reissue Prestige. Build it up with some RC31's & some nice bit n bobs & I reckon it'd look wicked :cool:

Awaits flaming ;)

Thats what I was thinking, new Prestige, RC31's, Hope kit in gunsmoke grey, XTR mechs and shifters, Middleburn cranks, Thompson finishing kit and a pair of red wall IRC Mythos :cool:

Modern retro, but, as Russ rightly says I can get a 1993 Prestige and build it to a bloody high spec for a lot less (and he has ridden with me and knows) a new bike won't make me any quicker! :LOL:

ive got and ride the old prestige and am considering a new one for the sake of having a new bike that i can relate to if you look back how longs the stumpy been around for and that looks f all like the older models in any way shape or form so what if orange stopped the prestige for a couple of years and now have a fully revised moden model theres nothing wrong with that the geometry is all xc orintated just like the old prestige and it looks up to the job too unlike anything that spesh have ever created (sorry im english and patriotic to my roots in english xc riding)its about time they did bring it back steel is real :cool: :D :D :cool:

hey guys, i work in an orange dealer and recently went to their trade show, they are doing only 200 prestige's initially and if it proves poplular they'll do another 200, they are not calling it a limited edition. they only do about 4000 bikes/frames per year and they have no intention of doing more coz they have always wanted to keep it niche.
i have an old 91 clockwork and the 07 clockwork and i love both, i'd be more upset if they old 91 got a scratch than the new one but the 07 does ride nicer (i apologize!)

although the p7 and the prestige look similar they are quite different, the prestige is designed as a "proper" xc bike with lightweight tubing and will go up to a max fork travel of 120mm but the p7 is alot more burly and has the single speed option so it's more of a trail bike so would take more abuse. they're not really hidden though, prestige's and p7's are about the only thing orange have in stock at the moment! gringo's, evo's etc won't be around till jan-ish. i got p7's and prestige's in stock! orange usually work to a normal-ish calender year unlike the big companies who constantly try to have their product out before eachother, that's how giant etc launch their new year models as early as may/june on the cheap stuff!

i see alot of people come into the shop who used to ride, say, 10 years ago, got a ball and chain then a couple more little balls and chains who want to get back into riding, they see the new old style stuff and they love it, there not into it like us but have fond memories (i've gone all gushy now!) of their old steeds so they buy the new version and that's got to be good that they are out and riding again!

anyway, i love all bikes and getting my mitts dirty on them!

jonnyboy666":vim2s0j7 said:
hey guys, i work in an orange dealer and recently went to their trade show, they are doing only 200 prestige's initially and if it proves poplular they'll do another 200, they are not calling it a limited edition. they only do about 4000 bikes/frames per year and they have no intention of doing more coz they have always wanted to keep it niche.
i have an old 91 clockwork and the 07 clockwork and i love both, i'd be more upset if they old 91 got a scratch than the new one but the 07 does ride nicer (i apologize!)

although the p7 and the prestige look similar they are quite different, the prestige is designed as a "proper" xc bike with lightweight tubing and will go up to a max fork travel of 120mm but the p7 is alot more burly and has the single speed option so it's more of a trail bike so would take more abuse. they're not really hidden though, prestige's and p7's are about the only thing orange have in stock at the moment! gringo's, evo's etc won't be around till jan-ish. i got p7's and prestige's in stock! orange usually work to a normal-ish calender year unlike the big companies who constantly try to have their product out before eachother, that's how giant etc launch their new year models as early as may/june on the cheap stuff!

i see alot of people come into the shop who used to ride, say, 10 years ago, got a ball and chain then a couple more little balls and chains who want to get back into riding, they see the new old style stuff and they love it, there not into it like us but have fond memories (i've gone all gushy now!) of their old steeds so they buy the new version and that's got to be good that they are out and riding again!

anyway, i love all bikes and getting my mitts dirty on them!
not a truer word said i love orange bikes about as muh as this guy by the sounds of it good one buddy :cool:

And to think that I struggled to sell an original Prestige (albeit with tatty paint although no rust) for £40 posted earlier this year!

ah shucks, thanks cannondale king.
i do love bikes you know, love it love it love it!!!

dirty day on the trails tomorrow!! yay!

Stick Legs":385durhd said:
sunchaser":385durhd said:
I Like the look of the reissue Prestige. Build it up with some RC31's & some nice bit n bobs & I reckon it'd look wicked :cool:

Awaits flaming ;)

Thats what I was thinking, new Prestige, RC31's, Hope kit in gunsmoke grey, XTR mechs and shifters, Middleburn cranks, Thompson finishing kit and a pair of red wall IRC Mythos :cool:

Modern retro, but, as Russ rightly says I can get a 1993 Prestige and build it to a bloody high spec for a lot less (and he has ridden with me and knows) a new bike won't make me any quicker! :LOL:

Isn't this the whole point though? The geometry of a 93 frame is pretty much incompatible with running 100-120mm forks, but that's what the new Prestige is designed for. So I'd guess an RC31 would be too short and you really need to be looking at least at an RC39C, if not an RC40.

I think that would be a really great bike - but it wouldn't be an updated retro in style, but a completely contemporary bike with a high handlebar, much like a Cotic.

Back