The polishing/Anodizing thread

feetabix":37bino9a said:
Blimey the results are fantastic.........my mrs is pestering me for a new car.....can you knock me one up?......

You want Stefan to knock up yer missus?

I know we're all about sharin the love on here dude, but that seems slightly excessive...

BB

Hi,

first sorry for my bad english, hope I find all the right words
OK, I will start here.

first I search for an bad RSR Crank,
I pull up the spider, because I can not anodize with the spider. Then I polished them, the pic is only an example, I make many cranks for my bikes

after this, the parts came in this pool

need ca. 90 minutes

then it came in this color pool

you can buy any color at the shop, time ca. 5 - 15 min, longer time is a darker color

after this you must cook the parts for 60 min, this keeps the color in the parts.
And now finish :D

for the cook letters, I use this machine, with a sticker template

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVFSwNXEb4

greetings Stefan

I can see the cogs in your head working overtime Steve :LOL:

Have you ordered the anodizing kit yet? i might have some small jobs for you ;)

ok :oops: no problem

but be carefull bevor you anodize you need a chemical to peel up the old color, bevor you polish the parts, this smells very strong, don't go with your nose over this, because it makes you very funny colors in your head :shock:

Stefan

stefan9113":21bw3h30 said:
ok :oops: no problem

but be carefull bevor you anodize you need a chemical to peel up the old color, bevor you polish the parts, this smells very strong, don't go with your nose over this, because it makes you very funny colors in your head :shock:

Stefan

That is a fantastic quote, I love it.. :) :cool:

I would really like to give this a go, and offer it out as a service to Retrobikers, so watch this space (and plenty of 'experiments I think)

Stefan, how long did it take you to perfect the process for time/depth of ano colour??

Back