April 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, despite what John said, this month is a special month - maximum seat postage month. Has there ever been so much seat post shown in one place at one time? Doubt it!

Forgot to say, GoldenEra, I am pretty sure that Henrik Djernis won one or two of his world champs on a Ritchey with an extended seat tube like that Empella so that he could reduce the weight of the bike.

pete_mcc":106yz872 said:
So, despite what John said, this month is a special month - maximum seat postage month. Has there ever been so much seat post shown in one place at one time? Doubt it!

I still maintain that a lot of people pull their seatposts up by at least a couple of inches before they take a photo to put on here. Some truly monstrous ones on here.

ededwards":itvv7l7s said:
That Steelhead is pretty tidy - I saw on the build thread that there was a batch for tall guys so out of interest, how long is the top tube?

Thanks. It's a 20.5" (c-to-c) frame and the top tube is 23.5" (also c-to-c).

Tazio":22n2wlvv said:
pete_mcc":22n2wlvv said:

I still maintain that a lot of people pull their seatposts up by at least a couple of inches before they take a photo to put on here. Some truly monstrous ones on here.

Some of us are 6'6" tall. :)

1988 merlin

trying again... ; )

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.28.31 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.28.31 PM.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 732
halaburt":avhucu87 said:
I didn't want to enter this last month with Bushpig's (winning!) Cunningham already in the mix, but here's my 1994 Steve Potts Steelhead.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Must. Get. One.

I like the Empella's novelty. The "weight saving" argument doesn't really work on a steel frame, the extra tube weighs more than a post would (especially as it's got the heavy part of a post still in it) :) Makes for an endearingly unusual frame, though.

12. Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month.

Since last month was a special month (Made in USA) I'm pretty sure he's allowed to enter in a normal month afterward. At least that's how I interpret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back