Alpinestars Cro Mega LX `92

update

the wheelset bought off ebay features the black LX hubs laced with staight stainless spokes onto Mavic 231 cd rims.
Tyres also off Ebay Panaracer Trailrakers to emphasise the black and white theme.
Rear hub still needs a full strip and I think I will do them both at the same time with new loose bearings.
brakes came up a treat with Autosol but some deep rust to the pad posts so I am on the lookout for a nice set of black LX cantis or other.
Stem looks a treat doesnt it and the new bars are fairly flat Bontragers.
Grips are a Tomac ODI Attac rip off but I just love these mushroom grips.
Deore Thumbies in the end as despite having a pair of Xc pros these were in better nick.

Attachments

• IMG_8668.JPG
    IMG_8668.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,363
etc

Befor you say it I know ...the chain is not yet fitted correctly and I would appreciate some advice here on how many links I should run with the longcage mech ?

Attachments

• IMG_8670.JPG
    IMG_8670.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,361
etc etc

Ok so where did we get to...
New DX oops mech fitted as the old LX had been fitted with a rusty steel nut and bolt Yeeeughh
the old rear mech was a Shimano stx so the plan was to replace this with a black LX
I bought two off the forum but these were too modern still and a few weeks ago I bought a Scott boulder frame off ebay and was offerred the LX mech so took it and this is perfect for her.
I thought it would be nice to use the Hope black QR`s for seatpost and wheels and these do look good. I suppose I could spend a lifetime looking for a black Ringle set but hey...life is too short.
Black bottle bolts from Leisure Lakes at Breaston
ONZA barends from Ebay and what beauts they fit in really well I think.
Just waiting for the stickers and she will be finished... :LOL: ...or will she... :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_8671.JPG
    IMG_8671.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,354
Steve

Bingo ...Steve Taylor
You still in touch Gav ?
In this pic he`s got all the Astar gear but check out those trainers :D
I once did a race in brown suede desert boots as I forgot my shoes :LOL:

Re: Steve

captaincosmic":3nn6oots said:
Bingo ...Steve Taylor
You still in touch Gav ?

I used to see him regularly when I raced mountain bikes bitd but not now, still see him a couple of times a year at cross events though. He's riding for Sherwood Pines now I believe.

Finished pics

stickers by gil_m
cheers matey wonderful job

Attachments

• A-Star 1.JPG
    A-Star 1.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,152
  • A-Star 2.JPG
    A-Star 2.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • A-Star 4.JPG
    A-Star 4.JPG