IMG_8660.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,819
  • IMG_8662.JPG
    IMG_8662.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 3,820
  • IMG_8663.JPG
    IMG_8663.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 3,820
nice :cool: i've just joined the alpinestars club myself with an al mega xt.......

IMG_0655.jpg

thats really nice captain
just fit a better rear mech and enjoy would be my take in it
most of these seem to be small ones bit rare to see a large

Not many manufacturers can boast an entry level bike as cool as the cro-mega LX, nice find hope you enjoy it.

mikee":3ami4wrb said:
thats really nice captain
just fit a better rear mech and enjoy would be my take in it
most of these seem to be small ones bit rare to see a large

mine is a small

or thats what my wife tells me :LOL:

stubbsy :D

HI HO HI HO

Its off to the powdercoaters we go
just days now til the rebuild and most of the parts now ready
LX rear mech
proper bolt for the front mech hanger
LX / Mavic 231cd wheels
XT 1 1/4" black headset
Spoken to Gil-m and will soon have a set of original transfers
and a Tange OS sticker (although not the pink one)

Itching to get going and rebuilt a nice 93 Marin Pine Mountain at the weekend which goes like a rocket :LOL:

progress

got the frame back tonight from the powdercoaters in Burton a great job for £30 I offerred him £35 but he wouldnt take it
Recieved a new boxed Control tech stem in the post this morning ...how sexy made in the ninetys and never used...m wife cmmented I suppose you find that "orgasmic" doesnt even come close lol
Just need to drop the old girl into Mercian Cycles now to fit the NOS XT Headset properly and then the build will commence.
Stickers still a week off tho `cheers Gil`
lots of pics over the weekend and expect to have her up and runningon Sunday :p

update

Much fun had putting the old babe back together again
The nex xt headset just pushed back into place and I udes the old fork race and a paint roller tube to gently hit the new race onto the fork crown
a difficult job with an aluminium one as there is a grave danger of them splitting but with a good ole XT loose bearing steel one no probs Captain Improvisation to the rescue.
The next job was the Bottom bracket and try as I might she wouldnt go back in I thought the best bet was to leave this to a professional so the next day I called in at Mercian Cycles in Alveston who cleaned the threads with a tap and fitted me an Octalink Shimano BB.
I struggled with this decision not to refit the biopace chainset but I only had one half and the non drive crank was god knows what. So following my idea to keep the build black and white I have used the Chainset off my Cannondale Jekyll a light Coda one in black which I think works well.

Attachments

• IMG_8667.JPG
    IMG_8667.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,553

Latest posts

Back