The polishing/Anodizing thread

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So today, inspired by WD's Marin build, I thought I'd have a go with the Ringle's I have.......

It's a brave man that takes abrasives to a set of Ringle's, I can tell you... :LOL:

But a quick 20min rub and a quick polish, and here's the result:

Attachments

• Polished_Ringle 001 (Large).jpg
    Polished_Ringle 001 (Large).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 3,044
  • Unpolished_Ringle.jpg
    Unpolished_Ringle.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3,037
I spent this morning polishing my head stevie....it is great fun mate..... :LOL:

You sure you didnt rob that pic from wd.....table looks familiar :LOL: :LOL:

well done mate :cool:

Thats looks lovely mate. I've started polishing up my WI cranks but am having trouble getting some of the really deep scores out, i've even had the dremel on em but don't want to give it too much welly just in case :LOL:

nathanman":2r4g1e4p said:
Thats looks lovely mate. I've started polishing up my WI cranks but am having trouble getting some of the really deep scores out, i've even had the dremel on em but don't want to give it too much welly just in case :LOL:

Well the key with the power tools is to go REALLY gently and do little bits at a time.

Failing that, I had good results with 120 grit emery and a load of elbow grease... :cool:

marin man":3ls22i3a said:
I spent this morning polishing my head stevie....it is great fun mate..... :LOL:

You sure you didnt rob that pic from wd.....table looks familiar :LOL: :LOL:

well done mate :cool:

pics of your polished baldyness please... :LOL: :LOL:

That table that looks familiar is a patio paving slab, fella.... ;) :p

Cool :cool: :cool: Makes them look really good / new / spangly doesnt it ? :cool:

Next you need to polish the top of the nut, the ends of the barrels and the ends of the skewers ;-)

No doctor, I havent really done that, honest ... :oops: :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

WD :D

WD Pro":2173x5mi said:
Cool :cool: :cool: Makes them look really good / new / spangly doesnt it ? :cool:

hell yeah!! :cool:

Thanks for the inspiration.. :D

Don't think I'll be doing any of them other bits you were on about.... :LOL: :LOL:

mfh126":1wilcy80 said:
Why'd you go and ruin that perfectly nice binder I sold to you! ;) Nice work with that!

I'm on a polishing frenzy, Mike, and nothing's safe... :LOL:

Tomorrow, hopefully, Ritchey Logic Canti's ;) :cool:

Back