Merlin Malt

Jezuz

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Made this up out of a range of spares I had knocking about just to go to work on. Currently sporting Mavic 231 Ceramic rims on xt 7sp hubs with Ritchey Z-Max tyres, other bits include X-Lite Ti Bars, Onza Ti Bar-ends Techlite brake levers, Suntour XC Pro shifters ODI Grips and an original Flite Titanium seat, The Bontrager chainst came of my 2001 Trek 65000 and the Rock Shox Jett came off my mates klein that he snapped. It normaly has slicks on but just taken it to spain for one of my mates to use whilst we were there so put the ritcheys on and prefer the way it looks. Bit of a mixture of new and old parts at the mo but always looking for other bits to make it better. any suggestions welcome.
would sell/swap/PX for Manitou fs or similar.

Attachments

• DSC03591.JPG
    DSC03591.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,150
That's more like it - I'll be brave and say although we all love ogling the beautiful stuff, Merlin has made a greater contribution to British mountain biking than Fat Chance or Klein, and this is why. Just a basic frame, but great value, light and good to ride. Merlin has always offered a great way to get out on the trails without spending BMW money, and it's still being ridden rather than just preserved. Deserves a Marzocchi fork though?

Back