Hetchins Magnum Bonum Scorpion

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Latest incarnation......

2mzm96v.jpg

I'm not sure about the bar tape though.....It's 'Eleganza'.

Feels lovely, but Im not sure of the look.......I also have a Honey Brooks Pro, some brown hoods and I want some Honey Bar tape.....I think it will look better?

Whatever though, I took it out for it's first ride of 2011 today and I have fallen in love all over again! 75 miles and not a single ache or pain...........

Personally I like the tape and hoods, not a massive fan of the saddle or colour coded rims.

Other than that, an absolutely stunning bike. I see these frames as works of art, they are a pleasure to look at.

A few people have said the same about the rims............I do like them though!

I won't change them as they are original to the bike from the first owner....he had 2 sets, one for everyday use and these which were his 'Sunday best'.....The swallow is very comfy!

You are spot on with the cables.....it had some narrow drops on before and I replaced with these NOS GB Middlemore Randonneur bars.......It will be getting longer ones when I decide what colour to go with......
I might be going Brooks Honey....

And all those gears are Campag super record 1st gen......They'll do for me!!

;)

:LOL:

My brick might not be period, but it has some nice original features and patina!!

This is my dream bike and I never thought I'd have a chance of owning one.......The added bonus of it fitting like a glove is obviously good!!

Back