1998 klein mantra

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Now thats weird! :shock: :shock:

I saw that when looking for Orange bike stuff while browsing ebay on my

phone while i was having a pooh not a half hour ago!

honest!!! :shock: :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

G

Nick C":3gzwjce2 said:
I'll be interested to watch this build.

My brother sill has a Mantra which he bought new and I think has hardly ridden, but I thought I read on here somewhere that they are not a good suspension design. Care to dispel that thought so I can call my brother and make him an offer?
They are marmite bikes. They are completely different to anything else. They are a 6", yes 6" travel xc bike that is designed to work best when in the saddle. They were heralded by various mags as the best climbing bike, not best FS, best bike. The originals were designed with a rigid fork, Gary Klein gave in to the marketing men who said it wouldn't sell. He conceded by adding a 63mm fork to 150mm rear :LOL:

The big downside is the stinkbug effect. It extends heavily under braking, nose down, arse up, just like a stinkbug ;) :LOL:

1997 klein mantra race

love kleins man own 3 and just picked this one up last weekend for 225 usd

Attachments

• neww klein 005.jpg
    neww klein 005.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,281
well it's been through a few changes so i'd better get some pic's up :cool:

some new wheels , bars & stem , stx-rc cranks & pace forks

cef436fb.jpg

b0322893.jpg

6f105fe0.jpg

495dcbfe.jpg

f2f29625.jpg

8f0e60f6.jpg

but that was last month :oops: :LOL:

it now looks like............

5bcae62f.jpg

1cf4db36.jpg

more new bars & stem + hydro v-brakes :cool: just waiting on a black nukeproof seatpost :cool:

Back