1992 Orange Aluminium O. Finished again! Which tyres???

Chain should arrive any day. Stuck an old blue San Marco Rolls and Easton post in for now to test. Stuck it on the cheapo spring balance scales. Came out at 24lb (without the chain). Same weight as my Muddy Fox Single speed! and lighter than my modern Gringo and Prophet (but that is FS) Quite pleased with that!!

Hoping to have it running for the weekend...

Chain fitted today. Had a little ride up and down the drive. There is play in the seat post where it fits to the frame. I'm using a Easton EA50 27.2 post with a coke can shim. Need to source a better fitting post. I believe 27.6 is the correct size??

In addition the cable to the rear mech is in contact with the frame where it runs along the seatstay. Anyone else experienced this?

Also my Ebay purchased Ti bars arrived for me to find them crushed where the stem attaches and bent to the left. Already contacted the seller, didn't think I was buying scrap Ti....... :cry: :cry:

That's a downer on the bars :(

The outer casing probably will touch the frame.

Try 27.6, mine is and that came out a frame the same batch are your's (and fit's mine the batch before that). If you have no luck i'll see if I have any 200um thick foils at work, I doubt it though I think they are all 100u to 150um in anything usable. Doubt you'll want lead or similar heavy metals.

Updated

Now changed the tyres- Trak Grippas curtesy of Jamabikes, love them... :cool:

USE seatpost fitted with shim which has corrected the wobble and Rolls saddle fitted. Don't worry about the colour clash....the post and saddle are temporary until I can source a black saddle (Rolls or Flite) and a black or silver USE post.

Grips also needed, fancy Ritchey grips I've seen on the Bay.

What do you think?

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Back