Overbury's "The Riddler"

A set of forks came up on ebay that were the exact shape I had in mind for this so I took a punt and got them for £30.

They are a smige heavier than the PACE (no idea what steel they are) and arent fillet brazed but they do have the correct a-c and rake . . . . I think!

Have a look, opinions would be very welcome!!!

p1010821g.jpg

Compared with PACE

p1010780n.jpg

I am pretty sure I am going to go with these now but I keep changing my mind!!!!

The steerer is a touch long but that gives me a chance to look for a nice headset with any stack height I like. . . .Mavic or Stronglight are my preference!

Much better..those Pace ones (lovely as they are in the right context) look like they're off a Raleigh Bomber in comparison.

The others have the right purposeful stilletto look....

All the best,

Cheers guys, I know what you mean about the PACE.

I have always liked them for sure but couldnt help this nagging feeling they werent quite what I wanted :?

I am holding onto them for the meantime as I know what I am like, but am pretty sure I am keeping these new ones.

I have somehow stripped some of the pedal threads in my non drive-side crank arm so I am now looking for one of these if anyone has one spare.

As I mentioned the non-drive side crank arm leaves a lot to be desired. The threads for the pedals are a bit knackered making it difficult to thread a pedal. PLUS the threads for the puller are not much better.

I am looking for a new one but this will work in the short term.

As the weather was nice thought I would have a go at stripping the remains of the black anodising and give them a little polish.

I got these DIRT cheap and I am quite happy with the results!

BEFORE:

p1010825a.jpg

AFTER:

p1010826k.jpg

I only polished these once by hand so despite the various scrapes and scratches I rekon they will come out great after some serious elbow grease. . . . .with a power tool :LOL:

Duke,

I've got an ELDI pedal thread repair kit to lend out.
It drills and taps out the thread to a larger size, then fit a steel insert to step back down to the original thread size, Simples!

Happy to lend out to revive a set of Middleburns.

All the best,

Back