Dave Marsh Reynolds 753 race frame, forks, BB, Campag h/s

Slimtim

Retro Guru
I need to raise some money for a frame repair so some items that I have kept 'in stock' for a while have to go.

This frame has a really interesting story. Dave Marsh has a strong reputation as a frame builder (built for Tom Simpson and Victoria Pendleton) and this one was made in 1988 for a rider who he sponsored.

The rider, was Neil Miller who was part of the UK Olympic team destined for Seoul to ride in the road race that year. As part of the build up to the Olympics, Neil trained in the Cayman Islands and then rode in the UK's Star Trophy series (now known as the Premier Calendar).

This frame was ridden to victory in the Welwyn Grand Pix, The Bristol Grand Prix and second in the Tour of the Cotswolds.

Sadly, Neil broke his leg training in Belgium and missed out on the Olympics.

As you can see, it is in excellent (near mint) condition with just a few very minor marks. It is 57cm c-c on the toptube so would probably suit a rider 5ft 10 to 6ft 2. Headtube is 19.5cm.

I will be sad to see this frameset go as it is beautiful and has an interesting story - unfortunately, I am committed to another project and something has to give.

£250 by paypal gift plus postage.

Attachments

• P1010205.JPG
    P1010205.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,240
For what it is worth I think it's a beaut. The history behind it gives it a real sense of purpose, and if I wasn't so skint and up to my neck in builds I would have been sorely tempted.
Good luck with sale....

Thank you.

I had envisaged giving it full Campagnolo, Cinelli bars and stem, silver cables, white bar tape, Rolls Titanio saddle etc.

It would look even more special then!

Sounds cool...
Wrap her back up, put her in the loft, and don't sell :)
That's what I end up doing :LOL:

No, takes standard 700c wheels.

The headtube is longish but a lot of people ride with a regular tube but with spacers and stem upturned - no need here.

I think that the pic is also slightly compressed which accentuates the effect!

Hello

Yes, still for sale.

Rear spacing is approx 128mm and will take a 130mm hub if the smallest cog is 11T. The clearance is tight though.

Tim

I looked at the picture when first advertiised and assumed it was a 24inch or something as the head tube and distance from the rear brake bridge to the binder bolt look way bigger than any of the 57cm frames I've owned. So that's some distortion on the camera.

Back