1984 Holdsworth Elan rebuilt with new old stock and respray

Holdsworth.

Hi,

front mech is Campagnolo - image needs to be better to identify which one.

Rear mech is a Campagnolo 980.

Holdsworth were UK distributors for Campagnolo for many years. My Professional has Campagnolo throughout but lost its Super Record chainset while languishing at the back of my parent's garage(!). It has a Gipiemme chainset now, I'm looking for an SR replacement (if anyone can help).

Well done on the resto, Roadking.

I did a lot of searching over six months to find all the bits and I think I got the rear free wheel from http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/

You are right it is a 980 set, I may be wrong but the intel I have suggests that the front and rear mechs are both the same 980 model. The guy that owned the bike before me, had it from new and never changed anything. I even have the original plastic frame pump but it is showing its age and I cannot find a new one, so it lives in my parts bin.

The front chain rings came from Ebay as did the brakes and few other bits. The brakes actually arrived in their original 1980's packaging.

However my main point was that whilst searching Ebay I noticed that unless I actually told Ebay to search in different countries, it tended not to. When I figured this out, I actually ended up sourcing parts from many countries.

The Weinmann 500 brakes came from Italy I think.

Cheers

Paul

holdsworth elan restoration

hi
have purchased a elan frame recently, have started searching for suitable parts. need a bit of info tho. mainly at the moment i need seat pin dia, handlebar stem dia, bottom bracket thread. also ive got the holdsworth transfers but need 2 additional H's. Any other info much apprceciated.
thanks
phil

Here's my first post...

Lovely job ttfun, mine is going back together nicely :D It was my Dad's since new in the early 80's and had been well ridden. So I am restoring it to 'mint as he would have ridden' complete with The Brooks Colt saddle we kids clubbed together to buy him for christmas...its my first leather saddle!

I will also have (don't scream) SPD pedals on it, its meant to be ridden. I wasn't allowed to ride it as a kid, now I'm gonna fly.... :cool:

fishyphil - Greg Softley in Oz does all the stickers you need. If you search fro Holdsworth on Ebay, his stickers will come up and he trades under the name gts753. Extremely high quality and as thin as decals. He will also do one-offs.

As for the respray, Mazda Metallic mint green is bob on!

Pics when finished....soon now !

Neil

Nice clean machine - I'd have probably had a Campag Record Groupset though as Holdsworths deserve to be decked out in Campag around this era.

I've had to settle for a non standard chain, until I can find an original, but here's mine, just waiting for the chain to go on, then she's ready for the summer roads for the first time since 1996...and my first time on Dad's Brooks Colt saddle...oooohh ouch...

Since Dad is no longer with us, there's now no way he can stop 'the young hooligan' riding his pride and joy.

holdsworth2.JPG

holdsworth1.JPG

:D :D :D

Back