Project Proflex 9/12/12 page 5

in my defence i did ask the painter of the black option to paint the swing arm silver, although his definition of silver was actually grey! :roll: and it didn't ever get stickers, that would have helped but yeah, the white silver is so much nicer!

:D

right! just got back from the curry house! :D

thought i'd quickly upload todays work!

basically i managed to finish this project (for the moment) i managed to get round the cable guide issue by using some old fashioned brake cable guide things which seem to work fine, they'll do for now until i can hopefully find the correct inserts.

i'm not sure everyone will like my choices on the spec though, i went for mostly XT m737/9, the gearset was for my P7 but this was back from the paint shop first so it got the XT parts that were supposed to be for that, i did originally fit the p7's wheels aswel but i decided to use the spinergys instead, 2 reasons, first was that using the spinergy wheels meant i could use the xt/mavic set in the P7 and the second reason was that i thought the yellow spokes would look good with the stickers etc. i had 2 fork options, a red judy race or an orange z1, i decided to go for the judys as they are lighter but also if i had used the z1's they would have looked awful with the yellow spokes. the finishing kit is FSA carbon bar and post and an aluminium stem, headset is a cane creek.

anyway, here's some pics :D :D

Attachments

• proflex bar assembly.jpg
    proflex bar assembly.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • proflex cable problem.jpg
    proflex cable problem.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,013
  • proflex gear set.jpg
    proflex gear set.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • proflex front end.jpg
    proflex front end.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,013
more :D

Attachments

• proflex side view.jpg
    proflex side view.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • proflex rear end.jpg
    proflex rear end.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,012
  • proflex spinergy front.jpg
    proflex spinergy front.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,012
Those Spox are off tap mate!! Looking good so far. I was pretty lucky when i got my frame it still had the end stops in it, i tried to find some spares, looked everywhere, nada!

having recently finished i took it out for a ride, oh dear, things didn't feel right :cry: so it got a bit of a rebuild in the last few days!! :D

the main problem was the fork, soft springs, no good for me then!! :LOL:

i had won some bombers on ebay a while ago and they were intended for this before i got the rockshox, so i decided to fit the bombers and they made a huge difference as did the riser bar supplied by the legend that is makster, these 2 things made all the difference to making this ride nice :cool: the only problem then was the fact that the orange forks clashed badly with the yellow spinergy's :roll: so they had to go! but conveniently they will be perfect in the fat chance i recently got!! :D :D also i have nicked some of the xt bits for the p7 and the fat chance, this leaves the proflex a nice mix of lx and xt. overall i am really happy with it.

anyway here are some new pics :D

Attachments

• proflex v2.4.jpg
    proflex v2.4.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 830
  • proflex v2.3.jpg
    proflex v2.3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 830
  • proflex v2.2.jpg
    proflex v2.2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 830
  • proflex v2.1.jpg
    proflex v2.1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 830
i've been fiddling in the garage again. :D

i like this bike, i know that proflex's aren't to everyones liking but i have a little soft spot for them.

so i have been gradually tweaking things, i got some magura brakes which weren't initially for this bike but the hose fits perfectly in the weird cable guides that proflex's have also the orange/red colour i felt was pretty perfect for the bike. also i've upgrade to xt chainset and xt rear hub, just need an xt front hub then i'll be pretty happy with it.

i actually ride this bike quite often, i find myself picking it when i just want a nice ride that's comfortable, it's a little upright and it has suspension, what's not to like? :D

Attachments

• pf3.jpg
    pf3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 296
  • pf2.jpg
    pf2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 296
  • pf1.jpg
    pf1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 296
Back