Paintpots and Letraset

I actually quite like the IF graphics. I think they suited the original IF ideology and small production values and had that great American element of fun and confident graphic design...like Fat City Cycles did as opposed to the oh so often too serious or if funny, got to be ironic or crass, British graphic approach...(see Muc Off - name and naked girls) (or On-One - Inbred). Not pleasant names are they?

I didn't mean i only liked plain colours, i love wild paintjobs on bikes, just as said above, it can all to easily be spoiled by slaping graphics all over them everywhere. - The new Scott Scale's look lovely, but then have awful swirly browna and white stripes thath (IMO) make them look cheap.

And don't get me started on what Merlin have done to their brand image with those new 'Works' graphics...

I debadge all my bikes when I respray them. After that, those in the know will work it out, and who cares about the others? The plain frame also shows off a quality paint job.

I don't need graphics to ***SCREAM*** about my bike, especially when I'm having a bad day and riding slow.

..I also resent being free advertising for someone.

Listen to you all - would you really not buy a bike because you don't like the stickers?

Me too ...

When I bought a new bike this year I thought it was going to be a two horse race between Litespeed and Merlin because these were the brands I'd always coveted the most. But the new decals just look terrible. So I looked at Moots, and bought one.

I mentioned this to the guy in the shop (that stocked them all). He said that Litespeed and Merlin still build bikes with the old branding for people that prefer.

Clean and simple. One rule, so many applications ...

Moots have goor graphics/ typeface.

Merlin still do the 'classic' range as opposed to teh 'Works' range, but i dont think they are the same bikes.

Not the end of the world a sticker is it, but you'd have to get shot of teh Works stickers on a new merlin they look like a bike from a petrol station.

Wu-Tangled":3lw0njqg said:
.... but you'd have to get shot of the Works stickers on a new merlin they look like a bike from a petrol station.

Agreed, but a jolly nice petrol station (Waitrose Express if such a thing exists?)

Back