Cube Stereo 2009

Inigo Montoya

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
took ages (1,5 years) to get all the parts together. hope to finish it this weekend. i'd love to take it out for a ride next week.
CubeStereo1.jpg

CubeStereo2.jpg

CubeStereo3.jpg

CubeStereo4.jpg

CubeStereo5.jpg

CubeStereo6.jpg

CubeStereo7.jpg

Looks a nice bike but ...Sorry, taking 1.5 years to gather a load of modern currently available or only just out of production parts smacks of laziness rather than a huge amount of effort. :LOL:

A nice modern bike but no extra points awarded in my mind for completing a difficult or challenging build.

Maybe I'm missing the point, I have been at the ale and it has a habit of making me miss points.

Maybe financial constraints...

Love the build and I've always thought the Maguras are some of the nicest looking forks on the market.

Fantastic bike, handle really well, and slightly trail/AM bike and design, will handle anything you throw at it, what the hell is that wierd looking stem you have on it?
Do you drink often Jerky!? ;)

Nick C":25ap78y2 said:
Maybe financial constraints...
yes, that was the main reason. apart from that it took a while to decide on how to build it up and i didn't want to settle with cheap stuff.
the current setup leans pretty much to the freeride side with the 160mm forks and heavy 2,4" tubeless tires. in theory it should be a beast on the descent.

Neil G":2mccjk3n said:
Now that does look nice, bet it's going to be very quick on the downhills!
yes, that's what i expect it to be. having ridden it twice i haven't adopted to the full suspension thing yet. the flat pedals are an even bigger challenge for me. i guess it takes time...

Back