1992 GT Tequesta - wreck rescue!

You still got that lovely original shifter brake lever combo, I need a few bits from them or the whole lump to repair replace a set of mine.

Spent last night scotchbriting then polishing the mechs. Front one is bent slightly but it'll pull back.
Didn't take before pictures unfortunately but I'll post up after pics when I've bought a touch up pen to fill in the black scratches.
Jockey wheels ok on rear mech which is good. New SS bolts from the bolt stockists and they'll look new.
New pedals on the way, plus a BB.

Still need a 26.4mm silver seatpost, expensive for a new one (and not ace quality either) and don't seem to come up on here often.

This bike will look chuffin ace when I've finished.
I am thinking I need to think of a "unicorn" I can save up for now.

Pictures of touched up decals:
b9106e23.jpg

45e67040.jpg

Black touching up is really matt and stands out a mile. :-(.
Not sure what to do with that tbh.

Headset installed:
f3979475.jpg

It's all coming together!!

Arrrrgh. I'm in a quandary. Just put a couple of more bits on the bike and I chucked the original black seatpost in too. I have to buy a new seatpost as this one is too short BUT the original plan was to get a silver one. However the black one looks sooooooo much better. Pic below.

So do I stick to my guns and go silver or get a black one instead??

101e4b41.jpg

Maaan! You're up early! Looking good there and it's nice to see someone taking the time and care over this - you don't see many black Tequestas.
I'd leave the seatpost black, it just looks right to me. I'd also leave the oe fork on there and not worry too much about replicating your old bike. The full effect of the frame/fork/stem paintwork is ace :cool:

Reluctant":10155iwm said:
Maaan! You're up early! Looking good there and it's nice to see someone taking the time and care over this - you don't see many black Tequestas.
I'd leave the seatpost black, it just looks right to me. I'd also leave the oe fork on there and not worry too much about replicating your old bike. The full effect of the frame/fork/stem paintwork is ace :cool:

I have got a Shocktech fork now but it's going to take a lot of work to get it working and looking as good as the rest of the bike - so I'll leave it off I think.

I got blue grips and was looking for blue toe straps to match the original build but I'm now convinced that leaving those out and going for a smattering of gold and yellow bits would work much better.

I get up at 5.50am every morning!!

Reluctant":2x6l9rgt said:
That's terrible :LOL: But I'm the same when the cat bounces on my head at 6am cos he wants his brekkie! :roll:

Our cat is old and cranky and gets me up at 1am and 5.30am for food. AT other times she just steals the duvet. :-( :LOL:

Back