1991 marin pine moutain - help please

stefan

Dirt Disciple
Anyone know what size seatpost I need for this?, I don't have the one that came with the frame so it's tricky to measure

appreciate your help with this

Plus, looking for a drilled quick release seatpost bolt, who would have thought they were so hard to find!

26.2 if I remeber rightly. . . . but I could be worng. . .
use this as your starting guide and see how you go with a £8 cheapie before commiting to some bling ; )

I'm 100% sure its the 29. what ever size is available :) just cant remember the bit after the point but im sure there is only one 29.# size :D

That seems large for a steel frame of this era.
My 1990 Ti is only 26.8mm.

Your local bike shop will have vernier calipers and a healthy supply of duff posts that will confirm the size.

oo-er. .. osunds like I may have led you up the wrong path. . . . Sorry about that> It it is 29.2, I have some NOS syncros Pro-posts if you get desparate for a seatpost. But we'sd beter suss the psot size firest! Afraid I don't have access to a pine mountain any more. . . someone must have one!! ;)

Benandemu":14w8rv7v said:
That seems large for a steel frame of this era.
My 1990 Ti is only 26.8mm.

Your local bike shop will have vernier calipers and a healthy supply of duff posts that will confirm the size.

Well 27.2mm Seat post free falls straight down into the seat tube on my Pine Mountain :LOL:

Back