Haldon aftermath for 20/03/11

I used to live next to Haldon, and still ride there most wednesday evenings.
As such I have a good knowledge of the........ahem.......more off piste trails ;)

Anyone wanting a guide around the more off-the-beaten-track stuff is more than welcome to drop me a line. I'm always up for a ride on sundays :D

That would have been a great day for it too ...

I'd been looking forward to this one, even going as far as to get the bike/jumble ready the day before ...

... but went to bed feeling a bit flu'y / run-down unwell and woke up feeling 100x worse, so just moped about the house all day.
:?

Still, there's always next time!
:p

id be interested in the trails that dont involve that awful hill in any way

we never found the black run, we found a bit at the bottom of red :?

The 'black' run doesn't really exist any more. There used to be some north-shore type stuff, but it's all been dismantled. There is some proper jump/gap stuff down the road, but nothing official.

Unfortunately though Haldon is on the top of a steep hill, so the all the good trails tend to be linked up by stretches of uphills! there is some lovely flowing singletrack on the far side, that can be linked together with bits of the blue and red runs. Lots of twisty in-and-out of the trees type trails :cool:

oh well its shown on the tourist board thing, and we found parts of it labelled
was it too dangerous? we could see some of it where it was clearly black run

and we came across a few of those gaps :shock:

yeah to go down you must go up etc. :(

you routes sound good though :)

Ah yes..........what they now label a black run, is in fact the bottom part of the old red run. Which was much more fun than the current red run, but they decided to dig most of it up when the new red run opened. Confusing eh?!

Bits and pieces of the old red & black runs still exist as parts of some cheeky trails, but you need to know where to look!

oh i see, i found the red run to be ok but was expecting some small jumps and stuff
little did i know it ends in black! :LOL:
will have to meet up at some point so you can take us round :LOL:

Back