hei hei year?

Now that I’ve seen the photos of the cable routing and the serial number I think I can safely say it’s a mid to late 97 Hei Hei in a 19â€

Cass":3esiv85q said:
97 still had cable routing on the downtube, so it's not a 97.

Cable routing changed for the front derailleur changed from the downtube to the top tube part way through 97, the dodgy serial number gives it away as a 97 and not a 98 in my opinion.

Sorry to change topic, Hi Andrewl, do you have pics of 98 Hei Hei decals as the catalogue only shows KK and I'm after some myself. Have PMd Gil_M and he has some but wanted to know the colours used. thanks.

Ah, so they changed during 97, I was going by the catalogue photos. Still a novice but learning more each day. cheers. :D

cjax":17tfm2m8 said:
is that it then, are we decided its a later 97 frame?

I think we've narrowed it down to the right year based the information I have.

Here is a picture of what the original 97 round tube Hei Hei decals look like for refference. Note that this one also has the same cable routing as yours and is also a 19" frame. It also got pretty much the same parts it would have left the bike shop with (ie MY97 Z2 and M950 XTR).

Attachments

• 97HeiHei.jpeg
    97HeiHei.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 316
Cass":1d1uiqqv said:
Sorry to change topic, Hi Andrewl, do you have pics of 98 Hei Hei decals as the catalogue only shows KK and I'm after some myself. Have PMd Gil_M and he has some but wanted to know the colours used. thanks.

Don't have a picture at hand but the MY98 Hei Hei decals are just boring black with white border in the same style as the King Kahuna decals shown in the 98 Catalogue on Kona Retro.

The head tube and downtube decal are as they are shown on the 98 King Kahuna, and should be relatively easy to replicate.

Latest posts

Back