Duralcan Stumpjumper M2 frame

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just acquired this, more out of curiosity than anything else really as can be the case sometimes :oops:

The seller thought it was a rockhopper but the aluminium frame and dropouts suggested a M2...and my suspicion was correct! It turns out to be a pretty early one at that, date stamp is 91 T 04 271 making it one of the first ones around, 91 being the year code... It comes complete with mad chunky welds and there are traces of the original purple haze paint inside the threaded parts and bottom bracket area, shame it's all been stripped off :(

I'm not sure what do with it at the moment..I'm on holiday right now so I guess I'll go and have a bacon sandwich and think about it...

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 3,410
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,409
These are very nice frames - there were a few future shocks on the bay recently which would go nicely with it!

Good find :D

How about a full Spec' Correct Resto :twisted:

m2913.jpg

^^^ That's the very bike I used to double check the date on this frame..very nice it is too :cool:

A full period rebild would be great, typically I've let some XC Pro bits and a pair of direct drive forks go during the last 12 months! That said I tend to be a bit more impatient when it comes to builds these days...I've also a full set of M735 XT sitting in a box doing nothing ;)

Back