Bargain Ebay bike lights

The flashlight/torch linked to on page 30 is only a Q3. Unless it's overdriven there is no way it will be that good in my mind. Shining against a wall is not the same as getting out and using it in the dark and seeing how it lights an area up.

He says the compares the peripheral light against a P7 for goodness sake. Sure if you widen it right up the immediate area may be flooded, but the distance light will suck badly.

Also, it WILL NOT be anywhere near as bright as an R2 that will cost about £3. I do like the ring on the light though, nice touch. I'm happier cutting up a cheap torch to mod. For the money, these 5w ebay lights are great though from what i've read.. just wish I actually had mine here lol.

BTW.. first ride into work today 10 miles straight off the bat eek! Not bad, haven't cycled for about 17 years!

Thanks for the photo's I'll take a good look at them and try to decide where to drill into the casing, and how to rig the battery holder to pass power straight through.

The Ken":2e2f5mhu said:
have to admait it is tempting, what is the build quality like LGF?

build is better than the original ones but let down as always by the same so-so battery holder etc.

Riding around my village with an Exposure on one side and the cheapy on the other, the cheapy matched the Exposure's lowest setting for brightness but limited by its flood. The Exposure is cheating a bit by using multiple elements and better design/ materials etc etc.

The cheapy can spot light with the beam focused into the projected square shape of the emitter itself! You could probably turn it into a mini projector.

Amazingly, my uber driver turned up today ahead of the lights. Cant believe how tiny it is! Having a new one means i dont have to desolder the original which is cool. Want to see how bright an r2 is at 1000ma :)

If you get desperate for a test subject, pm me your address and I'll send one of mine..

I have 2, won't use them on a bike and have my uprated Peli M6 LED if I need something with a bit of oomph ;)

Contacted the seller about the long time (15 days so far), and he said that there are delays because of increased security in Hong Kong. He estimated 18-24 days now because of it. I read the link on ebay Hong Kong and indeed, it specifically mentions perfume and lithium batteries as problems. Thankfully no batteries have been bought from HK, but EVERY package is getting security checked apparently.

I'm sure it won't be long now till they turn up unless customs decide I need to pay them £8 for the privilege of them checking a package of £3 value lol. Thank you for the offer though :)

Has anyone measured the amps of the driver for these lights? (I have a multimeter so may be able to do it.

Have daughter laying on me so will be brief.

XR-E came today from Deal Extreme. Couple of weeks, not bad and good build quality and price. Bike lights STILL not here lol. Getting impatient, so have torn apart my 4000mah li-po battery pack for pics of circuit board lol.

Cant wait to get it all together, just a shame light is coming lol.

Well this is a bit pants. My lights haven't turned up yet, so the seller refunded me for them (There might be a chance they turn up though as HK is having strong security checks at the moment).

Not sure what to do, order some more but from the UK (I need front and rear), or try and reorder from abroad again. If the other's turned up I'd have to pay for those as well (honesty). Hmm...

Might wait a little while longer, not sure. Just annoying to have my decent driver and LED hereand not being able to do anything yet lol.

I'm looking to shorten the torch body. Can anyone tell me if they can take out the centre battery section and screw the base directly into the head please? Are the threads the same?

Back