1994 Bigfoot Smokestone

woohoo, Im getting one of these, cant wait, here is the ebay picture,

Attachments

• Bigfoot Smokestone.JPG
    Bigfoot Smokestone.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,861
I'm actually thinking that these are a bike where the 'Laws of Pace' are applicable.

Certainly they look best when they eschew a groupset mentality and go the UK equipment route.

Very nice.

I expect to see Hope and Middleburn products in association with Pace and USE in a supporting role. :cool:

mattbrown":2n0zld1k said:

Good luck with that, I won it before, seller never came through :evil: eventually got my money back from ebay.

Stick Legs":3evpnk1v said:
I'm actually thinking that these are a bike where the 'Laws of Pace' are applicable.

Certainly they look best when they eschew a groupset mentality and go the UK equipment route.

I expect to see Hope and Middleburn products in association with Pace and USE in a supporting role. :cool:

Agreed there. I tried to follow the pic of the blue race bike pictured earlier in the thread.

It would also be cool to repro Ivan marchant's race bike.

As for mine, it rides an absolute treat. I now have some wild grippers on it and am looking for some logic cranks to match the other Ritchey gear.

Ideally I would like a red use post and a matching red hope rear hub.

Great bike and good luck Matt.

kaiser":2h2y8585 said:
mattbrown":2h2y8585 said:

Good luck with that, I won it before, seller never came through :evil: eventually got my money back from ebay.

yeah, I sent a message about coming to collect; yesterday evening, havent heard anything yet, i havent paid yet.

I reported the frame to ebay but it was only a few hours till the auction finished. I was totally scunnered with the facker, wouldn't reply to any communication either. Its the one I mentioned in this thread actually.

Remember if you have won an auction you can find out the sellers phone number and address through eBay itself. Can't remember how but it's a normal function you can use. Turning up on doorstep normally resolves a problem. ;-)

After nearly a year of ownership I decided to give the Bigfoot a few new components.

It's been a superb ride and at the moment I couldn't imagine parting with it!

The forks work far better than I hoped and the frame is very lively and responsive. The short wheel base needs to be watched though as MrLee found out in the FoD going over the bars on his Smokestone :LOL:

It's not built to a light spec as it is (26lb) but this has not been noticeable at all and has a lot to do with the wheels, tyres, and tubes. Graham FOOT had racers bikes at 21.5lb so it is achievable with a wad of cash!

Here are a few pics of the refresh but they include,

Middleburn Cranks with red ano spider,
Midleburn Black rings with 44, 32, 22 rings,
Amber wall Tioga Psycho II tyres,
Grab On lever grips,
Flite Ti saddle.

I am tempted to find a quality black seatpost but I do like the red. Only downside is the 27.2 size looks a little small in the 31.6 hole it sits and a red USE in the size is the best part of £50:LOL:

p1010916j.jpg

p1010918q.jpg

p1010920.jpg

p1010919n.jpg

Back