death by dangerous cycling

Should bikes be taxed, insured and licenced?

• yes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no?

• wtf you talkin about, i thought this was about death by wreckless cycling?

• Total voters
Isn't vehicle excise duty (car tax) calculated on the vehicles emmisions? Not the amount of wear and tear on the roads. They should pay people to ride bikes more.

REKIBorter":2c3bfkxs said:
Isn't vehicle excise duty (car tax) calculated on the vehicles emmisions? Not the amount of wear and tear on the roads. They should pay people to ride bikes more.

It is these days, yes. No doubt methane emissions will count soon though, so no beans before a ride. ;)

Bikes should be VAT free in my humble opinion. Every little helps in getting the populous out there.

Drencrom":pz1k8kj1 said:
REKIBorter":pz1k8kj1 said:

It is these days, yes. No doubt methane emissions will count soon though, so no beans before a ride. ;)

Bikes should be VAT free in my humble opinion. Every little helps in getting the populous out there.

Riding retro gives you wind

just like to point out that a CTC membership comes with insurance and free legal advice, cover you up £2M i think. bikes should never be taxed

VED pays ZERO to road maintenance your council tax does. VED payed for the motorway system (which it is still unpaid for since 1934, yes it was a project started in 1934 then a little fight broke out for a few years) .

I think a person does need to have a cycle training before going out on the road , lessons in school are very important.

Nathanedmunds":1rfkupp2 said:
VED pays ZERO to road maintenance your council tax does. VED payed for the motorway system (which it is still unpaid for since 1934, yes it was a project started in 1934 then a little fight broke out for a few years).
Ignoring local taxes for a second, since when has tax (from whatever source) been hypothecated in recent times (decades...)?
Nathanedmunds":1rfkupp2 said:
I think a person does need to have a cycle training before going out on the road , lessons in school are very important.
I'd agree - problem is, how to enforce, measure and pay for that.

I think it's a nice ideal, that will never work in practice.

Ah see the "reason" for VED was to "pay" for motor ways .......they just didn't say how long we would have to "pay" for them.

Couldn't the lessons be done during gym or games for a few weeks instead of football or hockey? For those kids without bicycles the school could supply a bicycle for them.

Nathanedmunds":2j969emv said:
Ah see the "reason" for VED was to "pay" for motor ways .......they just didn't say how long we would have to "pay" for them.
Some of me thinks the government should just quit the foreplay, and just make all taxation one single, direct form on any money you get, rather than all the other countless direct and indirect forms it currently takes.

Can't help but think there'd be mucho savings from streamlining.

But, I suspect, riots when many realise just how much they take.

But then, dagnabit, the gummint should just have the, well, the damned balls to just say: "Bend over, and pay up - we've got bigger guns and we're not afraid to use them..." dagnabit!

(click) and we're back. I'm rambling again...
Nathanedmunds":2j969emv said:
Couldn't the lessons be done during gym or games for a few weeks instead of football or hockey? For those kids without bicycles the school could supply a bicycle for them.
Too sensible and beneficial. You're thinking of a simpler time.

No doubt there'd be complaints about enforced bike riding being against kids' human rights or religious affiliations.

Back