buying spokes

craggy

Dirt Disciple
does anyone know where you can buy dt swiss competion 700c spokes in one wheel size quantity i.e 36no.parkers only list per 100.and chain reaction only mountain bike size.

thanks for the info.i will go to spa and use sapin spokes,any advice which type for light touring?

blimey,new makes coming up,now i,m more unsure what to use,and i haven,t asked which rim to use yet.

spokes

unless you want coloured/fancy shaped ones, stainless DB 14/16 work for all wheels or fit 14G plain on the drive side. never had a problem with them and have ridden them on the Peaks for years.

yeah, stainless DB. I use em all round to build a lighter wheel - wheel weight is supposedly the most important thing on a bike. Select your rims first tho', as spoke length will depend on the rim's depth.
Spa have some decent mavic alternatives at v. good prices.

craggy":308yd7st said:
blimey,new makes coming up,now i,m more unsure what to use,and i haven,t asked which rim to use yet.

Personally I think the DT Swiss are expensive, particularly if you buy in small quantities. The ACI are very good value, and perform exactly the same. I've been buying them from cyclebasket for some time and had no problems.

I've used the Sapims from dotbike.com too and their service is excellent as well.

Best to buy them in at least bunches of 20 - they're very easy to misplace.

Back