Project Proflex 9/12/12 page 5

following on from this thread:-

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=proflex

about what colour i should get this frame repainted i have received the frame back :D the colour i decided on was a white main frame with a silver swing arm and seatstay. Quite neutral, stickers were going to be by Gil M.

i started building it today, one of the reasons i like this frame is because it takes the sting out of harsh trails but with only minimal travel at the back it doesn't bounce too much like modern suspension can. also having a retro full suss is cool and the fact it's a v brake frame is a bonus as all my other frames are canti specific (and you know my canti hanger rule!)

i am gonna go for a mostly XT build and initially some of those parts are coming from the bits box from the remains of my P7 (while that is being refinished) fork wise i have a choice of 2 forks, rockshox judy race from 99(?) or 97 Z1 bombers, initially i'll use the rockshox because they are lighter but i might switch to the bombers to compare later.

anyway here are some pics :D

Attachments

• decals by Gil.jpg
    decals by Gil.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,529
  • seatstay.jpg
    seatstay.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,529
  • swing arm.jpg
    swing arm.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,529
  • main frame.jpg
    main frame.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,529
more :D

Attachments

• shock assembly.jpg
    shock assembly.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,527
  • pivot assembly.jpg
    pivot assembly.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,527
  • swing arm stickered.jpg
    swing arm stickered.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,527
  • mainframe stickered.jpg
    mainframe stickered.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,527
a couple more :D

Attachments

• proflex frame.jpg
    proflex frame.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2,525
  • proflex rear end.jpg
    proflex rear end.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2,525
shovelon":332uhcmq said:
A reboot.

Good show.

i am really pleased with it, looking forward to getting it finished, the only thing i think i might struggle with is the little cable inserts that sit in the stops on the mainframe and the swing arm, i could just use outer all the way through but it would mark the frame between the cable stops, it wouldn't matter on the swing arm as the cable can go straight through like it does on an Orange swing arm. just need to find some kind of insert that will work.

:D

Nice :cool: mine is on hold but I have everything to build the frame / fork ;-)

I have a set of those cable ends (not for sale :-() that I could measure for you ? They are dead easy to make with access to a lathe :D

WD :D

great choice of colour mate ;)

looking forward to seeing your build. Haven't been on mine in anger for weeks, must get it out this weekend at least!

Heres mine for some inspiration to keep you going

199429_10150116651651051_603521050_6999435_3128195_n.jpg

i remember seeing your build on the "what colour?" thread! :D luckily i chose my colours before i saw your bike so i can't be accused of copying! :LOL:

it is more built then the pics, infact it just needs cables but i'm struggling to find something for the cable stops inserts, i have an idea though but i can't sort it till saturday.

looking forward to riding it as i did like it before just hated the look! Bob's paint always looks good :D

the black did look pants..the white on the other hand really brings it back to crisp

Back