Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Got some new tires... :D :D

GroteFoto-DHAEFUEF.jpg

GroteFoto-U8JWDS8W.jpg

My Courier Prestige:

100_2609.jpg

100_2614.jpg
[/img]

I've since changed the seatpost to a black Kalloy steel one and the saddle to a not-as-nice-but fits-the-bike-better Velo.
This is the bike I use to terrorise weekend warriors on £4K super full-sussers, and is also rigged up with guards and the matching MF frame triangle bag as my winter pub bike :D

I have just aquired my first ever Muddyfox, least ways frame and fork plus canti brakes.

Its a MF Aluminum Pro, the 7000 series bubblegum pink bike of 1989 vintage. Prevous owner has stripped and polished frame not well leaving wee bits of pink behind but the forks are untouched pink. Best bit is its a 22" which is right in 'Gate' territory which I require.

Can anyone give me an idea of its component spec, the brakes are Shimano Deore LX, BB and Headset are MFX. I have no other components to go on :?

Cheers for any help in advance ;)

velomaniac":3erlphul said:
I have just aquired my first ever Muddyfox, least ways frame and fork plus canti brakes.

Its a MF Aluminum Pro, the 7000 series bubblegum pink bike of 1989 vintage. Prevous owner has stripped and polished frame not well leaving wee bits of pink behind but the forks are untouched pink. Best bit is its a 22" which is right in 'Gate' territory which I require.

Can anyone give me an idea of its component spec, the brakes are Shimano Deore LX, BB and Headset are MFX. I have no other components to go on :?

Cheers for any help in advance ;)

Nice one V will you restore it?

img_0015_302.jpg

Unlikely to return it to factory spec, think i'll keep it polished but do a better job with the nitromors. Might try and find a similar pink and do a band of pink on each maintube then stick some MF stickers ontop. I'll keep it canti braked, rigid and use a non compact triple chainset. Basically keep it period in spec but individual in look. ;)

Waiting for my Pathfinder to arrive now along with a copy of the 1990 Catalogue which I will get scanned in.

Carl.

Wu-Tangled":2up6s4jh said:
Love Kaiser's Courier Prestige. Looks good.

:cool:

:D cheers, it is now stripped and was going to be sold but after looking through this thread I reckon I'll restore it one day :D

Here are some pics of the Pathfinder in a pretty much finished state (might add an XC Comp chainset if I can find one) and some updated pics of my Sorcerer.

DSCF7994.jpg

DSCF7996.jpg

DSCF7995.jpg

DSCF7993.jpg

DSCF7998.jpg

DSCF7997.jpg

DSCF7992.jpg

Carl.

Back