1989/90 Saracen Tufftrax - Finished!

Love it

That is damned frigging cool

Looked OK to start with but you have transformed with good effort and choice bits of NOS-ness

I think your right front brake pad might be cracked though???

On another note: Did you see how that rear QR was fastened in the original pics? really bugs me when people do that!

The bike has both new pads and QR skewers front and rear.
The ill-placed QR on the rear wheel was actually my fault, temporarily held there while I took a last minute snap :LOL:
The original owner had them in the correct position, just massively rusty.

Cool

Haha yeah I see new blocks

I should really learn to read instead of just looking at the pretty pictures :oops:

Came across this thread through google and was amazed that you managed to find one with so much original stuff on it and you got it to look brand new.

Got bought the 18" frame just before my 18th birthday in 1990 and I am still riding it 22 years later! The drive train has been replaced over the years, as have the wheels and forks (twice - blame a moped and a car for that) etc but it still handles brilliantly. It's done off road, touring and is now mainly used for commuting in London but is still a great ride. I take it apart every year and degrease it, clean it and re-oil the bits that need it.

I would post a picture but you might be gutted by how it looks!

May as well add a picture of mine. :D

Attachments

• tufftrax 041.jpg
    tufftrax 041.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 545
  • tufftrax 044.jpg
    tufftrax 044.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 545
  • tufftrax 040.jpg
    tufftrax 040.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 545
I used to have one of these, but it got stolen when I lent it to a mate of mine. He was so sorry, though he let me have his '94 Orange P7 for peanuts (not for free though) to replace it.

From what I remember, those bottle cages were absolutely bomb proof.

Very nice mate. Like that a lot.

Where did you get the myths tyres from for £10 a pair? Any more available?

PS. Just FYI, the decal design won a D&AD award BITD too. I didn't know it at the time, but found an old D&AD annual at work with it in.

How are you finding the bio pace? From what I remember, I couldn't tell any difference.

Back