1993 KHS Montana Comp/Team - Update 16th March - Today!

that is stunning. I had my Comp nicked the other week :(

Albeit it was nowhere near that kind of condition...

mechagouki":xju4zvp7 said:
I don't know if these frames have a particularly steep head angle or if it's just the KHS fork but they always look like they've been in a front-end crash to me - v.quick handling!
Is it possible that there's a slight mismatch? Your fork looks quite short (similar to Wadsy's - maybe 38-39cm a-c?), whereas your 94 frame should be suspension adjusted. My TiLite is a 95 I think and they may have developed the geometry between 93, 94 and 95, but as close as I could calculate my 95 frame gives a 71 degree head angle with a 40cm a-c fork. It was made by Litespeed, but I doubt whether it uses Litespeed geometry - I imagine they built to the geometry specified by the commissioning company. 40cm isn't all that long for 'suspension-adjusted', but even so it would still give quite sharp steering with a 38-39cm fork.

You guys really aren't sad enough for me. All this talk about paint and tyre colours, but how long is the seat tube, how long is the top tube, and the head tube, what is the head angle, what does it weigh? Have you tried different length stems to adjust the handling characteristics? How can we understand our bikes if we don't analyse the designs?

Anthony":3uacpb4g said:
Is it possible that there's a slight mismatch? Your fork looks quite short (similar to Wadsy's - maybe 38-39cm a-c?), whereas your 94 frame should be suspension adjusted.

That makes sense, but the frame and fork have been together from new, perhaps KHS didn't bother sus-correcting their forks in the early days of suspension, I have scans of the catalogue somewhere and the bike in there has a very similar super-steep look to it.

this bike is almost as sweet as the guy sharing his icecream with the lass on the catalogue :D

always like these khs team bikes, strapping build! perfect in every way

oshtja":fqls92lm said:
In need for a simple (for some) answer...
Is the fork 1" or 1 1/8???

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's 1" :)

Cheers

Back